UEFA Cup Draw Thread

Guest BooBoo

At the moment it looks like being one of the following seven sides will be drawn as our opponents in the Round of 32:

Hapoel Tel Aviv, Zulte Waregem, Feyenoord, Auxerre, Besiktas, Liberec, Lens.

Anyone know a lot about the sides? Feyenoord would be one to avoid given their notorious supporters, whereas i wouldnt fancy the Turks either. Other than that the two French sides would be tricky also. Whoever we draw (especially with NU at home in the second leg) we'll be strong favourites to progress.

Livorno now winning which would dump Auxerre out.

:thup:

And a late goal for Leverkusen could sneak them through. Was a good trip during the Champions League campaign.

Zulte-Waregem are definitely the ones that we would like. They got absolutely destroyed, twice, in the group stages. They lost 6-2 to Espanyol, which i think is a record defeat in the UEFA Cup, then they went on to lose 3-0 at home to Ajax. Next after that, i'd say Auxerre is one that we would like. A majorly average side - i mean, Rangers scored twice over on their patch, and they're seriously underachieving in Ligue 1. You could debate that Tel-Aviv would be the nicer opponent, but that's not really a trip i fancy.

Feyenoord the ones to avoid, definitely. Dangerous side.

But that's only as it stands at 21:09. The tables are decided in another half an hour or so. ;-)

hapoel tel-aviv: i don't know much about them

feynoord: struggling in the dutch league,not having a good season,seem beatable

zulte-wargem:the suprise package,have the best passing display i have ever seen in my life..can cause trouble

besiktas: we defeated fener,so they should be eaiser..

lens:well,they are a fairly good team,but sibreski might help us here

libreic: we will depend on pav to scout them,they are beatable but won't be very easy..

so overall,all teams can be defeated provided we play the rite type of football..

hapoel tel-aviv: i don't know much about them

feynoord: struggling in the dutch league,not having a good season,seem beatable

zulte-wargem:the suprise package,have the best passing display i have ever seen in my life..can cause trouble

besiktas: we defeated fener,so they should be eaiser..

lens:well,they are a fairly good team,but sibreski might help us here

libreic: we will depend on pav to scout them,they are beatable but won't be very easy..

so overall,all teams can be defeated provided we play the rite type of football..

:roll:

Thank God Partizan Belgrade have made a pigs ear of their UEFA Cup this year!

Wanted revenge tbh!

We'll cream-cracker most teams in this competition - except Espanyol, Werder Bremen and maybe a couple of others - but even they're beatable.

about zulte-wargem

well,i only saw one match for them,it was vs austria wien and they passed the hell out of them (finished 5-0 or 5-1 for zulte)

and yes,i had that much free time,that i was watching the austrain league..

4-1. And Vienna are shite. And Zulte are Belgian.

Like i say, they conceded 6 against Espanyol. :roll:

about zulte-wargem

well,i only saw one match for them,it was vs austria wien and they passed the hell out of them (finished 5-0 or 5-1 for zulte)

How could you have been watching the Austrian League when Zulte-Waregem are from Belgium?

about zulte-wargem

How could you have been watching the Austrian League when Zulte-Waregem are from Belgium?

:D

don't know,still not sure what was i watching...

all i know is that they had the best passing display i ever saw..

Wanted revenge tbh!

We'll cream-cracker most teams in this competition - except Espanyol, Werder Bremen and maybe a couple of others - but even they're beatable.

Aye, i really fear Espanyol. They're on top form.

Don't get complacent, though. There's plenty of teams in this competition who are better than us.

Wanted revenge tbh!

Don't get complacent, though. There's plenty of teams in this competition who are better than us.

Apparently Palermo were one of them. Simple fact is, when we have to play Werder we are all fucked.

Wanted revenge tbh!

There are teams that can beat us, but there are very few that are better than us IMO.

Chance that Bremen could be drawn V Sevilla the way things stand. blueyes.gif

Aye... what i was just looking at.

Well pleased that Sevilla and Alkmaar were in the same group (two teams which are better than us ;-) ). One of them was always guaranteed a Champions League outfit, and as it stands, it's Sevilla. Good news!