Spineless Shearer...

Guest 3-1 NYD

Shearer was,is and always will be a legend.If he doesn't have a spine,diagnosis from me says he wore it out carrying those donkeys over the years,i.e Andersson,Guivarch,Cort,Cordone,Luque,Ameobi,Dalglish etc.

They'd all be legends if they win the league, which is what we need, not an individual to adore. :roll:

Just my opinion.

Agreed mate,but that ain't Als fault,i don't believe he was supposed to be the final piece of Keegans puzzle though,had he stayed all KK had to do was buy 2 quality defenders and leagues would've arrived almost certainly.I know its hypothetical like.Instead Dalglish went about demolishing the side and the rest is history.Just 1 more season of Special K would have done the trick.

Aye, I'm pretty much in agreement with that, although the team was so good I'm not sure who could have joined at the time who would have made the difference.

We lacked a quality keeper for sure,Nigel Martyn at that time at Palace wouldn't have cost much.And a quick centre back to replace the aging Albert or the inadequate Bramble-esque Peacock and maybe got Stuart Pearce a year or two before we did sign him.

A leader like Pearce may have done the trick, to cover for Keegan's massive error of letting Venison go.

I did not realise how good Venison was until I saw him in a B&W shirt. Oh for someone like him to marshall our defence nowadays.