Spineless Shearer...

Guest 3-1 NYD

Shearer is a really boring pundit but so are most on BBC.

Shearer is an excellent interviewee - almost like a politician.

Shearer called Manure "United" on MOTD  - disrespectful to us.

Shearer is our club's record goalscorer.

Shearer was once the best striker in the world.

Shearer signed for Newcastle because there was more money on offer than Man Utd - not starry eyed romantic notions that it was because he supported Newcastle as a boy.

Shearer enjoyed scoring goals against Newcastle as much as any other team. So he should as a pro footballer.

Shearer did not allow himself to be replaced by SBR and was instrumental in pushing Robson and bringing in a friend to replace him (Souness) and that set our club back years.

Shearer did a lot of good things for NUFC, but not everything he did for NUFC was good.

Agreed and a good post there, mate.

All of this is pretty obvious to anyone not inclined to want to see where his shit comes from, just so they can kiss his arse.  :roll:

The club is more important than any player, or should be. The mistake is that for a time it wasn't the case at Newcastle. It seems to me that Fred really is a fan, the problem is that he's like one of those idiotic one's, who just want to worship a "big number 9" and who probably want us to win the FA Cup ahead of the League title, as Shearer often claims Geordie's do.

There is no room for sentiment. No room at all and he stayed for 2 seasons too long. I also have no interest in a hero, I just want a team that wins things, that wins the league. You don't do that by putting an individual before the club and it happened here.

Shearer signed for Newcastle because there was more money on offer than Man Utd - not starry eyed romantic notions that it was because he supported Newcastle as a boy.

Shearer enjoyed scoring goals against Newcastle as much as any other team. So he should as a pro footballer.

Shearer did not allow himself to be replaced by SBR and was instrumental in pushing Robson and bringing in a friend to replace him (Souness) and that set our club back years.

Shearer did a lot of good things for NUFC, but not everything he did for NUFC was good.

Are you his wife like? How would you possibly know this as gospel?

All sounds like billy bollocks to me.

Sounds feasible to me.

Guest nufcandy

Sounds feasible to me.

some does, most doesnt

Sounds feasible to me.

same here, apart from 2 points.

Is Shearer now to blame for appointing the Scottish fuckpig instead of the board ?

Actually, this is not true, he didn't like Souness.

2nd point is that when he joined us he thought he was going to win at least one trophy with his hometown club, which would have eclipsed winning the title with Blackburn, whatever trophy it had been.

Why are people whinging like little girls over what he says?

Also.....how the F*** is he "spineless"? He's giving his opinion.

for fucks sake... :roll:

:lol:

Pity you don't post that when people call for Fred's head because he's spouted some shite.

The bit I'm worried about is the idea he may ever manage Newcastle.

It's worrying that he doesn't have what it takes within his character to give some deserved credit to players he's previously fallen out with. That's all that's being said here really. Fundamentally, I don't give a shite what it is he actually does say.

Pity you choose to hijack threads and twist them so they discuss the fat wanker rather than the original subject matter.  :roll:

Valid points. Be consistent. If you criticise someone for comments you perceive as stupid, criticise someone else for doing the same.

When Shearer says Geordies would rather win the FA Cup instead of the league, it makes me squirm too. Because its basically stupid and I am one Geordie for one who would far rather win the title and I don't particularly like him telling people what I would prefer to win.

I find it worrying that he seems to be unable to bury an agenda [ie with Bellamy] and it doesn't bode well for the characteristics of a possible future manager of Newcastle. Whatever positive things I can get from it ie his committment to the club and his strong personality, is outweighed by things like this.

Pity you don't post that when people call for Fred's head because he's spouted some shite.

It's worrying that he doesn't have what it takes within his character to give some deserved credit to players he's previously fallen out with. That's all that's being said here really. Fundamentally, I don't give a shite what it is he actually does say.

Pity you choose to hijack threads and twist them so they discuss the fat wanker rather than the original subject matter.  :roll:

Valid points. Be consistent. If you criticise someone for comments you perceive as stupid, criticise someone else for doing the same.

When Shearer says Geordies would rather win the FA Cup instead of the league, it makes me squirm too. Because its basically stupid and I am one Geordie for one who would far rather win the title and I don't particularly like him telling people what I would prefer to win.

I find it worrying that he seems to be unable to bury an agenda [ie with Bellamy] and it doesn't bode well for the characteristics of a possible future manager of Newcastle. Whatever positive things I can get from it ie his committment to the club and his strong personality, is outweighed by things like this.

Sir Bobby was a great manager, sold Solano due to international disagreements.

Alex Ferguson is a great manager, fell out with numerous quality players (Stam, Beckham, Van Nistlerooy) and sold them on.

Point is even the best managers can fall out with players, let their own ego's get in the way but it doesnt mean they aren't good at what they do.

Alex Ferguson is a great manager, fell out with numerous quality players (Stam, Beckham, Van Nistlerooy) and sold them on.

Point is even the best managers can fall out with players, let their own ego's get in the way but it doesnt mean they aren't good at what they do.

Remarkably similar to the numerous posts that proclaimed that Souness should be given time because Alex Ferguson was given time.

I find it worrying that he can't give credit where it is due, thats all, and also that he didn't realise that it was Bellamy who prolonged his own career by a few years, otherwise he would not have reached the goalscoring record. Bad judgement if ever you saw it.

In actual fact, if he had the good of the club at heart like he is supposed to do, why did he wait until Bobby Robson had gone before turning on Bellamy [and Dyer and Jenarse as well ?]. Why not defend Sir Bobby and help him bring them into line while he was still the manager of the club, after all he was his captain ? That in my eyes would have been putting the club first, and recognising that 2 of those players were very valuable to the club and himself as a footballer to pursue his own ambitions ?

Make no mistake about it, the day Souness decided to bin Bellamy was the day Alan Shearer kissed goodbye to any chance he had left of lifting a cup as captain of Newcastle.

Remarkably similar to the numerous posts that proclaimed that Souness should be given time because Alex Ferguson was given time.

I find it worrying that he can't give credit where it is due, thats all, and also that he didn't realise that it was Bellamy who prolonged his own career by a few years, otherwise he would not have reached the goalscoring record. Bad judgement if ever you saw it.

In actual fact, if he had the good of the club at heart like he is supposed to do, why did he wait until Bobby Robson had gone before turning on Bellamy [and Dyer and Jenarse as well ?]. Why not defend Sir Bobby and help him bring them into line while he was still the manager of the club, after all he was his captain ? That in my eyes would have been putting the club first, and recognising that 2 of those players were very valuable to the club and himself as a footballer to pursue his own ambitions ?

Make no mistake about it, the day Souness decided to bin Bellamy was the day Alan Shearer kissed goodbye to any chance he had left of lifting a cup as captain of Newcastle.

Yeah but Souness was a shit manager! People seem to think Shearer WILL fail because of this one thing with no knowledge of his actual ability.

So true.

Shame is 50,000+ of us and many more around the world kissed goodbye to any hope of success in the forseeable future too. Thing is we didn't get millions of pounds off the club to soften the blow.

Yes Shearer was great HOWEVER the first season he isn't captain we win a trophy, i will admit a really sh*t trophy but a trophy all the same. Perhaps he was holding us back?

I so hope that was an attempt at a joke!

Yeah but Souness was a shit manager! People seem to think Shearer WILL fail because of this one thing with no knowledge of his actual ability.

maybe, but you should also note that the managers you mention got rid of those players when it suited them and the club to do so, they also got correct fees for them, and they played them while they were the best players in the club until such a time came that they went.

Its about putting the club first, not your own ego, this is management.

Only a complete utter idiot would kick out such a top quality player for peanuts, and refuse to have him in the club at any cost to the club and with no replacement like Souness did.

I don't think Shearer will necessary fail but I would be less worried if he had said what other players and ex players have said about Bellamy ie you don't sell your best players you must attempt to manage them instead, which Rob Lee and Warren Barton have both said, instead of appearing to back the Bellamy sale. I think Bellamys text to Shearer - if true - is extremely sad, it paints a picture of him being forced out of the club, or frozen out at least, by his own captain and striking partner which should not happen. There is no doubt that something happened between them, and Shearer won.

Shearer had clashed once before with Gillespie remember. So that is two occasions he has possibly been instrumental in forcing players out of the club.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well, I just find it disturbing.

Agree with this. One of Souness' major failings was his man-management, and ability to fall out with players, and yet it hasn't hindered those who are truly good at their job (e.g. Fergie). Fact of the matter is we don't know whether or not Shearer is a good manager - and whatever he does or doesn't say can't make him one or the other yet.

Seems a little harsh to be reading so much into so little, basically.

Agree with this. One of Souness' major failings was his man-management, and ability to fall out with players, and yet it hasn't hindered those who are truly good at their job (e.g. Fergie). Fact of the matter is we don't know whether or not Shearer is a good manager - and whatever he does or doesn't say can't make him one or the other yet.

Fair comment.

Lets hope he is a good manager, because if he is, he'll have success at Newcastle.

Fair comment.

Lets hope he is a good manager, because if he is, he'll have success at Newcastle.

Aye, I guess all we can do is hope he turns out to be a great manager, because I'd be surprised if he's not in the hot seat at some point in the future!

Pity you can't apply the same standards to all.

I find it worrying that he can't give credit where it is due, thats all, and also that he didn't realise that it was Bellamy who prolonged his own career by a few years, otherwise he would not have reached the goalscoring record.

They helped each other as much. Remember that Bellamy wasn't exactly having the best time of his career when he signed for us, didn't he?

Shearer was,is and always will be a legend.If he doesn't have a spine,diagnosis from me says he wore it out carrying those donkeys over the years,i.e Andersson,Guivarch,Cort,Cordone,Luque,Ameobi,Dalglish etc.

They'd all be legends if they win the league, which is what we need, not an individual to adore.  :roll:

Just my opinion.

Shearer was,is and always will be a legend.If he doesn't have a spine,diagnosis from me says he wore it out carrying those donkeys over the years,i.e Andersson,Guivarch,Cort,Cordone,Luque,Ameobi,Dalglish etc.

They'd all be legends if they win the league, which is what we need, not an individual to adore. :roll:

Just my opinion.

Agreed mate,but that ain't Als fault,i don't believe he was supposed to be the final piece of Keegans puzzle though,had he stayed all KK had to do was buy 2 quality defenders and leagues would've arrived almost certainly.I know its hypothetical like.Instead Dalglish went about demolishing the side and the rest is history.Just 1 more season of Special K would have done the trick.

They'd all be legends if they win the league, which is what we need, not an individual to adore. :roll:

Just my opinion.

Agreed mate,but that ain't Als fault,i don't believe he was supposed to be the final piece of Keegans puzzle though,had he stayed all KK had to do was buy 2 quality defenders and leagues would've arrived almost certainly.I know its hypothetical like.Instead Dalglish went about demolishing the side and the rest is history.Just 1 more season of Special K would have done the trick.

Aye, I'm pretty much in agreement with that, although the team was so good I'm not sure who could have joined at the time who would have made the difference.

Just my opinion.

Aye, I'm pretty much in agreement with that, although the team was so good I'm not sure who could have joined at the time who would have made the difference.

We lacked a quality keeper for sure,Nigel Martyn at that time at Palace wouldn't have cost much.And a quick centre back to replace the aging Albert or the inadequate Bramble-esque Peacock and maybe got Stuart Pearce a year or two before we did sign him.

Just my opinion.

We lacked a quality keeper for sure,Nigel Martyn at that time at Palace wouldn't have cost much.And a quick centre back to replace the aging Albert or the inadequate Bramble-esque Peacock and maybe got Stuart Pearce a year or two before we did sign him.

A leader like Pearce may have done the trick, to cover for Keegan's massive error of letting Venison go.