Upson

Cajun

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=436256&CPID=10&clid=41&lid=3&title=Bruce+rejects+Upson+Villa+link

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce has rejected talk linking Matthew Upson with a move to city rivals Aston Villa.

Speculation had linked Upson with a possible move to Villa Park when the transfer window reopens in January.

Upson's future at Birmingham remains in doubt with the player keen to return to the Premiership.

A number of clubs are thought to be monitoring Upson's situation, but Bruce insists he has heard nothing from Villa.

"I only spoke to Martin O'Neill a couple of weeks ago and he never mentioned Upson to me," said Bruce. "Where that has come from, I don't know.

"That is just a nonsense of a story and it is not definite that Upson will move at all in January. Why would we want to sell arguably our best player when we were top of the league?

"Of course, I have to protect our investment. Unless it is an ridiculous offer, and every player has got his price, nothing is happening."

I keep saying this but people insist on talking about him being cheap as he has 18 months left and wants away. Upson would cost a lot more than he is worth IMO.