Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Thought the premier league didn’t announce anything ?

I think they will on this one, it's so high profile. I reckon they've already rejected it.

You wouldn't be having all this stuff coming out like confetti by BEIN and Qatar if that was the case. They are obviously shitting themselves by the amount of stuff coming out.

Ahh sorry, my prediction is that they've rejected it in the last day or two, not previously. Should probably just say "I reckon they're gonna reject it".

Bein/Qatar responding to that comment by Raab show they're rattled as fuck. They've paid for that WTO report and countries like us and the USA continue to praise KSA. They've got no tangible reward from it other than "Yeah KSA should let you prosecute someone" This is all they've got left from this affair. All they can hope is to spoil one small scale KSA investment.

I think they will on this one, it's so high profile. I reckon they've already rejected it.

You wouldn't be having all this stuff coming out like confetti by BEIN and Qatar if that was the case. They are obviously shitting themselves by the amount of stuff coming out.

Ahh sorry, my prediction is that they've rejected it in the last day or two, not previously. Should probably just say "I reckon they're gonna reject it".

2nd bid would tie in to that theory. Ashley now looking at alternative buyers and requesting the same deposit to proceed.

The last day or two is when Qatar have really lost the plot.  Releasing statements about refunds and that they won't bid for another TV deal if it passes and getting a QC to send a opinion to the PL that the takeover should be rejected.  It does seem like Qatar have gone from quietly working in the background to get the takeover cancelled to desperate public flailing in the last day or two.  I don't want to assume anything, but it doesn't look like the actions of someone confident things are going their way.

The last day or two is when Qatar have lost the plot.  Releasing statements that they won't do another TV deal if it passes and then getting a QC to send a opinion to the PL that the takeover should be rejected.  I don't want to assume anything.  But it does seem like Qatar have gone from quietly working in the background to get the takeover cancelled to desperate public flailing in the last day or two.

Maybe they just know a decision is incoming, but not which way. Bit like politicians scurrying around The day before the polls.

So Duncan Castles say indications from the PL are that they'll make their decision this week. But speaking to the buyers, they haven't heard that. So basically he doesn't know if it's true or not.

My gut feeling is that it will be rejected, challenged, and the buyers will make the necessary steps to satisfy the PL by officially dealing with the piracy issues. Before eventually getting approved. But who fucking knows any more!

So Duncan Castles say indications from the PL are that they'll make their decision this week. But speaking to the buyers, they haven't heard that. So basically he doesn't know if it's true or not.

My gut feeling is that it will be rejected, challenged, and the buyers will make the necessary steps to satisfy the PL by officially dealing with the piracy issues. Before eventually getting approved. But who f***ing knows any more!

No chance if the PL reject it. Back to Ashley.

reality gonna hit home like a fucking sledgehammer on sunday when steve bacon leads the lads out :anguish:

that was always going to happen regardless of takeover or not

well not really, if we knew we were good to go once this season ended due to new ownership i wouldn't give a fuck

years more of this cunt will be too much for me

My gut feeling is that it will be rejected, challenged, and the buyers will make the necessary steps to satisfy the PL by officially dealing with the piracy issues. Before eventually getting approved. But who fucking knows any more!

Doubt that, they would have a better chance of them tackling piracy by passing it.

My gut feeling is that it will be rejected, challenged, and the buyers will make the necessary steps to satisfy the PL by officially dealing with the piracy issues. Before eventually getting approved. But who f***ing knows any more!

No chance if the PL reject it. Back to Ashley.

I think there would be a very good chance of a legal challenge.  Potentially from both buyers and Ashley.  This is a unique situation so I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in court.  Another thing the PL will be considering.  Because if their is a case and the PL lose, that would set a precedent that could effectively end the owners and directors test outside of the basic tests requires by UK law.

I suspect the legal advice that the PL receive won't be clear cut, but will say that there are no legal constraints against accepting the deal, but it may be subject to challenge. In which case, I think the PL will accept the deal, and it'll then boil down to whether the Qataris are able and motivated to mount a challenge. I'm not sure under what legal mechanism they'd be able to do that, and how far the burden of proof would fall on them.

Trouble is, money is no object, and this could drag on for a long time.

I suspect the legal advice that the PL receive won't be clear cut, but will say that there are no legal constraints against accepting the deal, but it may be subject to challenge. In which case, I think the PL will accept the deal, and it'll then boil down to whether the Qataris are able and motivated to mount a challenge. I'm not sure under what legal mechanism they'd be able to do that, and how far the burden of proof would fall on them.

Qatar wouldn't be able to challenge until after its done. Good luck getting PIF to relinquish it once they have it.

Today or tomorrow, just a feeling. Be great to watch Sunday’s game we new eyes.

Really? I have got to the stage where any announcement would be almost a shock. I don't even bother checking the news any more.

Would the Quatari’s have the right to mount a challenge, the governance of the PL has nothing to do with them.

Would the Quatari’s have the right to mount a challenge, the governance of the PL has nothing to do with them.

probably something to do with the commercial terms of their agreement you'd think, look for a refund or some bollocks, but they can't challenge the PL's decision

Guest chopey

Not sure whether to get a bottle of bubbly or some nice German Lager for this weekends celebrations.

Refunds sorted on season tickets. Seems like someone is in charge again, but who?

Ashley back in control, shit

Must admit it’s my 1st thought. Surely it would take a bit longer to sort out if someone else was in charge.

Nah, they just had to do something before Saturday. They were playing a brinkmanship game, hoping that it would be someone else's problem before the match kicked off, but now the deadline has got too close for comfort and they've had to blink.