Callum Wilson set to miss start of the season due to back injury (Howe)

Strawberry

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

A slight niggle to Isak, and we have no experienced senior striker available to start the season, and take advantage of some really good fixtures.

We really need options there. Ideally the right winger can also play upfront, and we also sign an additional striker. We have to move forward as though Wilson will never be available, and just take it as a bonus when he is.

It seems glaringly obvious to all so you’d imagine they’re on it.

Much like my breakfast he’s toast. There’s no way a bulging disc type injury is going to be anything less than  a mid term recovery with a risk of relapse knowing Wilson’s track record.

He’s been incredible when fit but for 55% of the time invisible and in a treatment room. Doubt we’ll get more than a token fee so need to bring the next striker in, preferably a youngish prospect learning their trade to phase into that role.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Much like my breakfast he’s toast. There’s no way a bulging disc type injury is going to be anything less than  a mid term recovery with a risk of relapse knowing Wilson’s track record.

He’s been incredible when fit but for 55% of the time invisible and in a treatment room. Doubt we’ll get more than a token fee so need to bring the next striker in, preferably a youngish prospect learning their trade to phase into that role.

Disc herniations (if that is the diagnosis) can be mild, indeed you can have disc herniation and be asymptomatic too, they only cause an issue if there’s nerve compression. I take your point though it’s just another issue but his main issue has always been his hamstrings recently.