The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

'Pretty much safe' is an exaggeration. If we keep accumulating points at teh rate we are we should be fine. But if Trippier is out for a length of time we're still finding it difficult to score and teams below are not a million miles behind yet.

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Screenshot-20220213-160403-Flash-Scores.

Since Howe took over:

(played/points)

10 Brighton and Hove Albion 12 16

11 Newcastle United 12 16

12 Southampton 13 15

13 Norwich City 12 12

14 Leeds United 12 12

15 Brentford 14 12

16 Leicester City 10 11

17 Crystal Palace 13 11

18 Everton 11 7

19 Burnley 10 6

20 Watford 12 5

Edited by Inferior Acuña

20 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Since Howe took over:

(played/points)

10 Brighton and Hove Albion 12 16

11 Newcastle United 12 16

12 Southampton 13 15

13 Norwich City 12 12

14 Leeds United 12 12

15 Brentford 14 12

16 Leicester City 10 11

17 Crystal Palace 13 11

18 Everton 11 7

19 Burnley 10 6

20 Watford 12 5

Howe after 12 PL matches in charge

Only 4 defeats. They were against Arsenal/Leicester/Liverpool/ all away, and Man City at Home.

4 wins, and some questionable draws, where we have been very unlucky, versus Man Utd I felt we could have walked away with all 3 points. Watford? And Norwich we were left hung after 7 minutes by Clark. 

Eddie has the capacity to see this through now.

Edited by mighty__mag

On 23/01/2022 at 12:52, rgk_lfc said:

0 and No to the two questions. Mainly because I rate Eddie Howe that highly. I know he likes the high press and you probably have the worst midfield in the PL in terms of suitability for high press, but I think he will find a way. Win against Everton and the momentum should carry you through.

Made this prediction on January 21. Smiles smugly and points fingers at all of you who are piling on the will not get relegated bandwagon now :).

I was not making that  prediction randomly. You were looking good on every metric - offensively and defensively, running more miles, taking more shots, Xg, preventing easy chances etc since Howe took over. It was obvious that the points was going to follow. 

Secondly, I rate Eddie Howe that highly. You can see posts of mine praising him last summer, long before he was linked to you.  All of those foreign managers turning you down was the best thing to happen to you, well second best after Ashley sold the club.  You will be competing for Europa League places at the bare minimum, if not champions league places next season. 

18 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Howe after 13 PL matches in charge

Only 4 defeats. They were against Arsenal/Leicester/Liverpool/ all away, and Man City at Home.

4 wins, and some questionable draws, where we have been very unlucky, versus Man Utd I felt we could have walked away with all 3 points. Watford? And Norwich we were left hung after 7 minutes by Clark. 

Eddie has the capacity to see this through now.

12 PL games isn't it? But I agree with your point, overall it's been really good

7 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Made this prediction on January 21. Smiles smugly and points fingers at all of you who are piling on the will not get relegated bandwagon now :).

I was not making that  prediction randomly. You were looking good on every metric - offensively and defensively, running more miles, taking more shots, Xg, preventing easy chances etc since Howe took over. It was obvious that the points was going to follow. 

Secondly, I rate Eddie Howe that highly. You can see posts of mine praising him last summer, long before he was linked to you.  All of those foreign managers turning you down was the best thing to happen to you, well second best after Ashley sold the club.  You will be competing for Europa League places at the bare minimum, if not champions league places next season. 

You’re a good un. ? 

Can't be 0 when we're not mathematically safe, however for the first time I'm dropping from a 6 to a 2,we've got the wind in our sails now and I can't see us dropping back into the bottom 3 when you look at current form between us and them.

Even better is the fact this is probably the last time we'll see this thread in a generation.