The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

20 minutes ago, JNK said:

You guys should make a countdown on the title of this thread.

Something like "16 points to go" at the end (if 40 pts is enough to escape relagation on the EPL i'm not sure)

These days it more like 30-35.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

What is the average points it takes to survive? I would be very interested if someone was willing to do the maths.

I just read an article in the Athletic talking about how big a disparity there is in the PL. Now 30 points can get you clear because the bottom teams can't compete.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

First half of the season:

P19 W1 D8 L10 - Pts 11

Second half of the season

P5 W3 D2 L0 - Pts 11

Fucking Bruce, what a turnaround from Howe. :clap:

Unfucking a few years of Brewcery is no small feat in that time period.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

What is the average points it takes to survive? I would be very interested if someone was willing to do the maths.

"The average amount of points required to stay in the division in the 26 seasons the Premier League has operated with 20 teams is just over 36 – 36.23 to be precise.”

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19796386.comparison-stats-behind-premier-league-survival/

Just now, B-more Mag said:

"The average amount of points required to stay in the division in the 26 seasons the Premier League has operated with 20 teams is just over 36 – 36.23 to be precise.”

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19796386.comparison-stats-behind-premier-league-survival/

Thanks for that. I suspect the average has been going down over the last few years too. I'd say 35 points was a more reasonable target than 40.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Thanks for that. I suspect the average has been going down over the last few years too. I'd say 35 points was a more reasonable target than 40.

You are absolutely correct, that number has been falling.

I’m not getting too confident just yet. A few injuries to key players already. We have a hard run in of 3 games before Burnley near the end of the season and quite a few tricky looking aways coming up. 

All moving in the right direction, though. Performances are matching results. I reckon 4 points from the next two would put me at about a 2/10. 

The other results show that it's far from over and we'll be very much in it for a while.

The positive thing is we are unbeaten in 6 and our performances have been good.

All 3 sides below us would much rather be in our position and that's how we need to look at it.

Couple of results went against us for the first time in what feels like a couple of months. Still pleased with the point today, we're moving forward, we're 6 unbeaten, playing well despite injuries and we'll reel a couple more teams in soon imo. We'll be fine

With not having a competent striker, we’ll just have to hope players like Fraser, ASM, Willock etc. all keep scoring or coming up with individual magic.

Still don’t think we’ll be anywhere near relegation come season end, as I think we’re doing well enough as a team to offset that issue.