Glasgow based Toon fans (for the Bolton game)

kingston_toon

In a similar vein to the London thread below...

I normally live in London but am back in Scotland visiting the parents for Xmas, and would love to find somewhere to watch the match tomorrow. Last year the Sports Cafe on Sauchiehall Street showed the Toon - Liverpool game but with Celtic, ManUSA, Liverpool and others all playing at the same this year, they don't think they can show it. Bar Europa near Queen Street station can show it, but have opted for ManUSA instead... so do any Glasgow based Toon fans have an idea of anywhere else I can try, or better still, know where it's on and want to meet to watch it?

I know it's short notice but my hangover is only just clearing...

Cheers

Steve

Guest alijmitchell

For future reference, if anyone is in Glasgow and wants to watch a toon match that isn't on sky then the best options i've found (i live in Glasgow term time) are 1) the sports cafe on Sauchiehall street, 2) Campus on sauchiehall street, (they were willing to put on the toon matcvh even when celtic and rangers were both on other tv's at the time) and 3) the Park Bar in the west end - just past charing cross on Sauchiehall street.

These are all good possibilities but often show the old firm's games ahead of the toon's, (as you would expect) but if the times are different then they'll all hoy the toon on.

Best option imo is the Park bar (caught the liverpool vs newcastle match there when it wasn't on british tv, and there are always a number of toon fans there - myself included - and the steak pie is the best in the west end).

Just a quick guide...also anyone in Glasgow permanently, feel free to head to the park bar - it's always good to get a few toon fans together to fight of arsenal/manure/liverpool/celtic fans swarming around the place.  :lol:

For future reference, if anyone is in Glasgow and wants to watch a toon match that isn't on sky then the best options i've found (i live in Glasgow term time) are 1) the sports cafe on Sauchiehall street, 2) Campus on sauchiehall street, (they were willing to put on the toon matcvh even when celtic and rangers were both on other tv's at the time) and 3) the Park Bar in the west end - just past charing cross on Sauchiehall street.

These are all good possibilities but often show the old firm's games ahead of the toon's, (as you would expect) but if the times are different then they'll all hoy the toon on.

Best option imo is the Park bar (caught the liverpool vs newcastle match there when it wasn't on british tv, and there are always a number of toon fans there - myself included - and the steak pie is the best in the west end).

Just a quick guide...also anyone in Glasgow permanently, feel free to head to the park bar - it's always good to get a few toon fans together to fight of arsenal/manure/liverpool/celtic fans swarming around the place.  :lol:

Good advice, im back home the now didn't see this until today. The Park Bar is decent, i have also had the steak pie  bluebiggrin.gif . Its quality. Also a place i go to more often is The Captains Rest on Grt Western Road. Its just up from St Georges Cross underground. It's an old pub that doesnt look the best to say the least but they usually put on the games unless Celtic or Rangers are playing. If you ask the owners they might put the game on one of the wee tv's if its on at the same time though, its owned by some scousers who are quite sound and will usually put it on. didnt know Campus had these foreign channels? Sports cafes alright i suppose, prefer my local pubs to them big ones though.

Thanks for all the replies and PMs guys. I rang around, and the guy at Campus promised to put the game on for me, but questioned whether it was actually on ART 3. So I took myself off to Glasgow (I was in Gourock at the time) and found the pub - great place - the guy saw me walk in with my Toon shirt on, said hello and switched over to ART 3 in one of the booths. 3pm came and went, and I was slightly worried to see only Arab football... fair play to them they tried all the other channels but it seems the game was taken off at the last minute by ART - mates in Newcastle rang me with the same problem there. We tried again at 5 to see if it was on delay but still no joy... Ah well... the info will be useful for next Xmas! :)