James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

11 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Rumours he’s agreed personal terms with them at around 195k per week. Not sure how true mind but that’s a lot more than he’s worth imo.

I don't think that's even that much, would be like an average wage at Man United.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

From a source we can trust...

This guy is good... Looks like he shares quality rather then quantity when it comes to Itk.

So whoever is feeding him the insight... It's not a local journalist lol 

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

6 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

This guy is good... Looks like he shares quality rather then quantity when it comes to Itk.

So whoever is feeding him the insight... It's not a local journalist lol 

Aye. He doesn't seem like he's dying to get it out there for the attention straight away either. Just casually drops it in.

11 hours ago, Menace said:

You can tell the boomers in here a mile away.

You'd be surprised, a lot of people of all ages just self censor. There's a lot of topics that seem to have full agreement but the other 50+% that disagree just don't say anything as they don't want the aggro.

£40m is a good price for a player of his quality. Must've been his wages that we've turned our noses up at. Spurs still have larger revenue streams than us at the end of the day.

Hopefully we have a good alternative lined up.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I read that Maddison's demands were similar to what Bruno's next contract is expected to be, so if that was true, I figured if we would pay it to Bruno, we'd probably go that high for Maddison as well. If you know better and Bruno's is significantly less than the £178k/wk that Maddison't asking for, then fair enough. Was just going off the initial report.

Don’t know better TBH and you could be right Bruno might land around £175kpw but wouldn’t be anymore of an increase as too risky. Just what I’m reading everywhere it seems Maddison will be on £195kpw which ain’t something we are going to entertain. We’ll find out soon enough when the deal gets confirmed within the week you’d imagine.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Disappointed that he’s going to spurs. Best of luck lad. 

Was always the most likely destination as I’ve intimated for a while…

Better fit for them and more affordable within their wage structure and Levy wanting to get his new manager on board with his main target so was always going to pay the £40-50m fee. More crucially as it’s now sounding we’ve not followed this one up that hard due size of fee and wages still too high to the players preference of playing in the south regardless of ECL. For that fee we were always going to be looking for someone 4-5yr younger on cheaper wages. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were more athletic too.

Guess I know Ball after all or maybe you not as much as you like to think ?

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Was always the most likely destination as I’ve intimated for a while…

Better fit for them and more affordable within their wage structure and Levy wanting to get his new manager on board with his main target so was always going to pay the £40-50m fee. More crucially as it’s now sounding we’ve not followed this one up that hard due size of fee and wages still too high to the players preference of playing in the south regardless of ECL. For that fee we were always going to be looking for someone 4-5yr younger on cheaper wages. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were more athletic too.

Guess I know Ball after all or maybe you not as much as you like to think ?

You’re talking logically about business. But you don’t know ball. 

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You’re talking logically about business. But you don’t know ball. 

I’m sure you are right. I’ve just been watching a different sport for over 40 years ?

Really not disappointed at all about this, I’m all for replacing current members of our starting 11 with players who can do all of what they do and more.

Maddison was not that. He’s a luxury player and yeah he’ll get some assists and goals but any midfield he plays in imho, there’s a weakness exposed and I’m glad it’s not going to be at our expense.