James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

I do think £40m is about right for him. Not quite sure it reflects multiple party interest. 

All The talk has been that Leicester were wanting 60m then it was 50+. This deal appears to have been ironed out pretty quickly which suggests we didn’t get involved at all really. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think we were interested in him but for various reasons that’s cooled massively and we moved on. All will be revealed in coming weeks I’d imagine.

Aye, I still think we were in for him tbh, but he chose spurs. 

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  I've been with my better half for a decade and a half - but we're 'living in sin'.  We own properties together, have insurances paying out at 100% to the other half should the worst happen, have wills etc made out to each other, spend just about every minute we can in each other's company - we just don't agree with the notion of marriage.  This isn't a criticism of those who are married of course - it just isn't 'for us'.  (Or as the old joke goes - marriage is a great institution; but who wants to live in an institution? ;)

I agree tbh, I was wrong

It's like anyone in the job market. If someone is lucky enough to get multiple choices, they're going to sit down and think carefully about their next move taking all their circumstances into account. In this case, he has decided that the move to Spurs makes more sense to him. Fair enough, I guess. It doesn't suddenly make us an unattractive proposition to anyone - on the contrary, we now have a track record of improving players who come to NUFC. 

There are certainly players out there who will choose us. We've just got to keep our own interests in mind. 1st September is a long way to go yet. 

I remember when we were all clamouring over Lingard and look how that turned out. I personally rate Maddison but I trust Dan, Eddie et all. They have shown with Tonali if they want a play they go for them

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I think Tonali’s wages will be less than Maddison and he’s already doing it on the big stage at Milan winning the league and playing in CL semi finals.

Yeah but why isn’t any other top clubs after him?

Just now, BeloEmre said:

Yeah but why isn’t any other top clubs after him?

Maybe they didn't think he'd move and we just beat them to the punch ? That wasn't the case with Maddison 

:lol: Coming back to the UK has really driven home how fucking tiresome the off-season is. So many people opining on stuff they know fuck all about based on other stuff that’s either made-up out of thin air or deliberately put out from one side or another. I get that it can be fun to talk about but Christ it doesn’t take more than a half-step back to see how much of it is drivel.

I’m obviously getting old. Doesn’t help that 8’m sorting through my Dad’s old football yearbooks and programmes, and old copies of WSC. Bah humbug. See you all at Brisbane Rd.

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s a piss take from what Eni Aluko genuinely did about City bidding for Rice 😂

Goes all the way to back our Rooney bid.

Edited by madras

22 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

:lol: Coming back to the UK has really driven home how fucking tiresome the off-season is. So many people opining on stuff they know fuck all about based on other stuff that’s either made-up out of thin air or deliberately put out from one side or another. I get that it can be fun to talk about but Christ it doesn’t take more than a half-step back to see how much of it is drivel.

I’m obviously getting old. Doesn’t help that 8’m sorting through my Dad’s old football yearbooks and programmes, and old copies of WSC. Bah humbug. See you all at Brisbane Rd.

"NUFC not wanting to be messed around" [emoji38]

Bit weird posting that after we're being told Tottenham are getting him for a cut price like.

Seems we either moved on months ago, or Maddison told us he prefered Tottenham.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, LV said:

I think it’s likely he made clear he preferred a move south, so we cooled our interest. 

I think this is it. There's been talk about his preference for a move to London for some time. It may be his partner's preference of course, which he'd have to take account of. 

I think he's a talented player, but maybe a team has to be built around him. Having said that, I'd have been quite happy to take a chance on him.