Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It's striking how many of Leicester's players every top half club's supporters are looking forward to signing, given just how shite they are and have been this season.  Tielemans in particular hasn't looked much cop for some time to me.

The same players that won a cup for them you mean? And have had so many good seasons in the league? You write them off after one season?

It's the kind of thinking that allowed Liverpool to snap up Robertson from Hull and Gini from us while others were snoozing, and go on to win a Premier League title and a Champions League with both playing major roles.

Just now, KaKa said:

The same players that won a cup for them you mean? And have had so many good seasons in the league? You write them off after one season?

It's the kind of thinking that allowed Liverpool to snap up Robertson from Hull and Gini from us while others were snoozing, and go on to win a Premier League title and a Champions League with both playing major roles.

I haven't written anyone off.  Just saying most of them have been shite this season.  I am aware that good players can be plucked from relegated sides, but usually the narrative is around one or two of them - particularly if they've played well despite the circumstances around them.  Wijnaldum had a decent season for us that year.

19 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I haven't written anyone off.  Just saying most of them have been shite this season.  I am aware that good players can be plucked from relegated sides, but usually the narrative is around one or two of them - particularly if they've played well despite the circumstances around them.  Wijnaldum had a decent season for us that year.

I think Leicester could end up having a lot of good players to pick from that have had multiple good seasons in the league and we should try to take full advantage, and not overreact to this past season, which has certainly been a strange one for them.

40 minutes ago, La Parka said:

I love Barnes. He's direct as fuck, can finish and would be great on the left. I'd prefer him to Madison as he's more suited to our formation. 

I really like him but he’s pretty selfish at times and we already have 2 right-footers that play on the left. 

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Barnes is a finisher and has great movement. I don't rate his all-round game much.

I like him but would prefer a left-footer

Opposite of ASM in that he is not going to dribble past anyone but can score.  His SOFASCORE is bad.  

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Barnes is a finisher and has great movement. I don't rate his all-round game much.

I like him but would prefer a left-footer

Harvey Barnes is a strange one for me too. He can look so dangerous at times, but then also be quite wasteful and poor with his decision making at times too. I wouldn't be mad at the signing though, as Howe and his staff tend to get the best from players.

I'm with you on preferably getting a left footer in for the wide positions, as we only have Miggy at the moment. I actually really liked the look of that Brazilian (Tete) they bought from Lyon when he was over in France. He started well for Leicester too but not sure if he's still been playing.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He has been, but not sure the signing makes sense for us. 

That would depend on the price, probably too expensive for what he would be worth to us right now. But it would make sense to me, if we are buying a forward, might as well buy a centre forward (which is the main position of the guys we are linked with anyway) and have Isak be the one to play anywhere in front 3.

5 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Opposite of ASM in that he is not going to dribble past anyone but can score.  His SOFASCORE is bad.  

Aye he makes the attacking runs that ASM doesn't. ASM always wants it to feet rather than running onto things.

Barnes has no creativity. Never see him beat a man, cross (well) or pass it well. Run and shoot. Movement. That's his game.

Him & ASM for the left. Almiron & Gordon on the right. It's good but it doesn't scream Champions League.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

That would depend on the price, probably too expensive for what he would be worth to us right now. But it would make sense to me, if we are buying a forward, might as well buy a centre forward (which is the main position of the guys we are linked with anyway) and have Isak be the one to play anywhere in front 3.

I think Isak is going to be our main forward though, with Wilson still around for depth. Would we sign someone like Hojlund to be a third striker? Not sure we would as he isn't versatile to fill in other positions. Think it's more likely we bring in someone like Joao Pedro that can play in a lot more positions.

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Barnes has no creativity. Never see him beat a man, cross (well) or pass it well. Run and shoot. Movement. That's his gam

Dont know if hes the answer to our wing department, but he hit double figures in assists last season, four before that, and eight before that. He blows every of our wingers deep down in the water with creativity.

13 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Dont know if hes the answer to our wing department, but he hit double figures in assists last season, four before that, and eight before that. He blows every of our wingers deep down in the water with creativity.

Fair enough. That's just my observation from tihs season. Will look at some of his clips from last season. I assume those assists came from cutbacks and such after some good movement.

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Harvey Barnes is a strange one for me too. He can look so dangerous at times, but then also be quite wasteful and poor with his decision making at times too. I wouldn't be mad at the signing though, as Howe and his staff tend to get the best from players.

I'm with you on preferably getting a left footer in for the wide positions, as we only have Miggy at the moment. I actually really liked the look of that Brazilian (Tete) they bought from Lyon when he was over in France. He started well for Leicester too but not sure if he's still been playing.

I always think when we're linked to a player who has previously shown huge natural talent and ability, but perhaps has had an average season like Barnes, imagine what he could be after EH gets his hands on him and coaches him properly? Not to mention the extra fitness our rigorous training regimes introduce into the equation. I like to think EH could get an extra 10-15% from most players, compared to their previous output and that is always a mouth watering prospect.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I always think when we're linked to a player who has previously shown huge natural talent and ability, but perhaps has had an average season like Barnes, imagine what he could be after EH gets his hands on him and coaches him properly? Not to mention the extra fitness our rigorous training regimes introduce into the equation. I like to think EH could get an extra 10-15% from most players, compared to their previous output and that is always a mouth watering prospect.

Barnes has 10 league goals this season tbf to him

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Barnes has 10 league goals this season tbf to him

Right which only emphasizes the point that, despite the perception held by quite a few that he has had an average season, he's actually been pretty good in a poor side and could only improve at Newcastle under Howe. I didn't know he'd scored 10 :thup:

I think Barnes is a good player but I don't know if it just me but he feels very similar to Gordon. I feel we need more guile as we already have a couple of not to be disrespectful but runners. 

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

I think Barnes is a good player but I don't know if it just me but he feels very similar to Gordon. I feel we need more guile as we already have a couple of not to be disrespectful but runners. 

Completely agree just don’t get signing Gordon to then sign Barnes aswell. Not sure if there’s many David Silva types around these days but that’s the type of player we need to compliment the pace and power we have.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we're getting another wide man I don't see ASM staying. 

New winger, Gordon, Almiron, Murphy, Anderson, plus Isak, Joelinton & Willock who can play there. I don't see a gap for him. 

St Max has been excellent last couple of games I’d be nervous about letting him leave, especially for a replacement like Barnes. Against Man U and City this season he’s showed he belongs at the top level, it’s just keeping him fit. 

Just now, Whitley mag said:

St Max has been excellent last couple of games I’d be nervous about letting him leave, especially for a replacement like Barnes. Against Man U and City this season he’s showed he belongs at the top level, it’s just keeping him fit. 

There's the problem though, keeping him fit.