Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 hours ago, Shak said:

I'd guess a winger will be high on our list of priorities this summer.

If expect ASM and Gordon to be fighting for that spot in our strongest eleven. Nice pair of options IMO.

Joelinton or Willock can play there too.

Murphy seems an ideal fifth man to me. Can go out and do a reasonable job starting if needed and is clearly valued as a sub to go on and help see out a game.

I'd expect the addition to be a left footed player who plays on the right. Diaby probably the ideal signing but there'll be other options out there if he's out if reach. New man and Almiron first two choices for the spot. Gordon could come over and play that side in a pinch but I think in an ideal world we'll have inverted wingers.

Agree on Murphy. Well worth having him as a fifth winger that can play either side, particularly because ASM is so injury prone, and there will be more games to play next season.

Also with you on the left footer for the right side to be another option outside of Almiron. Apparently we're high on Nico Williams from Bilbao who fits the mould, and would have brought him in if the Gordon move didn't materialise in January. 

I love reading all these transfer rumours on here, building up my player knowledge again but you know what? I am so looking forward to the summer and seeing who we will sign. I feel like I've got my old excitement back, it's almost like that Christmas magic that you feel when you were a kid. With only a handful of exceptions, I will be be excited about anyone that the new management bring in. I'd say I can't wait for summer but I'm enjoying our season too much. I love feeling this positive about our club again! :)

50 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I think the only way ASM goes is if we sign someone like Zaha on a free. We need someone who can run at a defence when we can’t get behind them. I really hope he stays as he offers such threat and I’d hate to play against him.  But he is constantly carrying an injury.  Say 40-50 million in and replaced with Zaha keeps that sort of attacking threat and allows further investment else were.  Even typing this I’m in two minds whether it would be a good idea.  I do love ASM when he’s flying. 

Zaha has hit 30 and has had a long injury lay off this season. I imagine he's going to start being even more injury prone as he ages further, especially playing in Howe's sort of pressing system.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Zaha has hit 30 and has had a long injury lay off this season. I imagine he's going to start being even more injury prone as he ages further, especially playing in Howe's sort of pressing system.

I have not really followed him this year to be honest I didn't know that.  I guess the age difference is significant (26 vs 30).  The only way it would work if he was plan B/C like both Isak and Wilson is plan B.  My feeling is Howe want to the team game view and players like both of them are going to struggle, from what we've seen ASM's body cant handle it either.  At 26 he does not want to be a plan B, there are a few sound bites already where he's indicated that.  Mind you whether Zaha would accept that either is debatable.   

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Bellingham, Bruno and Joelinton would be a match for anyone.

Back to reality and you’ll probably get Diaby, Ugarte and a good CB for the same money. Which is why at that money it needs to be a final piece of the jigsaw for any club looking at him, bar perhaps Chelsea who do what the fuck they like.

Edited by Whitley mag

9 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Would love it if Everton just became our feeder club.

Would love that signing just to see Everton fans go into meltdown over us pinching another one of their best players in the space of a calendar year.

Just now, McCormick said:

Said it before but I honestly think Onana has everything in his locker to become a world class player. I can see a good coach like Howe turning him into something really special.

Yep, can see exactly why you think that. Looks a right gem.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Said it before but I honestly think Onana has everything in his locker to become a world class player. I can see a good coach like Howe turning him into something really special.

A lot on their forum really don't seem to rate him much.