Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Wouldn't call him a powerhouse, reckon Murphy would flatten him. 

Looks a prospect, but way off what we need to push on considering the fee (Everton already paid an excessive amount for him) and his inconsistency in the league.

13 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Tbh he hasn’t looked that good to me, my impression is he’s lacking technical ability.

Agree. Dont see this potensial world class stuff. Hes not very good on the ball. Not terrible but Joelinton is miles better than him with the ball. He looks sometimes a bit clumsy. Good player, but as you say lacking. Lets see how he goes by when we are playing them.

22 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Would we prefer Onana or Lavia? Different types of player but I really like both. Onana shading it for me.

Probably Lavia but, as someone mentioned, City has a buyback clause on him for 40m so they could sink us. Lots of good options at DM Ugarte, Lavia, Onana, and several others. I like our chances to land a good one for a decent price. 

Shit, didn't realise this was the Onana from Everton.

Absolutely fucking not, we can do better than him. I'm sick of seeing him flop to the deck every time a player breathes somewhere near him. He's not a bad player, just don't think he improves us.

Edit: And I had no idea that he was 21, thought he was mid to late 20's for some reason. A year or so of Howe...who knows what he could become.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

21 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Shit, didn't realise this was the Onana from Everton.

Absolutely fucking not, we can do better than him. I'm sick of seeing him flop to the deck every time a player breathes somewhere near him. He's not a bad player, just don't think he improves us.

Are you just basing this on his game versus us? Lot of people seem to do this; “he was poor vs. us so he must be bobbins”. Thing is, we’re absolutely mint. We make most players look bad with how we set out.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

He's a full Belgium international too right? 

I think he'd be a safe bet but do the club want a safe bet or a future superstar?

Go and get Palhinha.

Paulinha whilst being a really good player is already 27, is he going to be a superstar ?

Has anyone seen much of Manuel Ugarte as an option for the DM role? I saw some stats which looked outstanding, but of course that could depend on the standard of football he plays at.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Edit: And I had no idea that he was 21, thought he was mid to late 20's for some reason. A year or so of Howe...who knows what he could become.

36 minutes ago, TRon said:

Has anyone seen much of Manuel Ugarte as an option for the DM role? I saw some stats which looked outstanding, but of course that could depend on the standard of football he plays at.

Loves a yella card the boy. Also a bit of an FM23 legend.

Only seen him play 3 times, looked decent against Spurs & Arsenal.

Onana is a good player but not good enough technically in tighter spaces under pressure imo. For the money he would cost I’d look elsewhere. Much rather him than mactom though. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

Onana is a good player but not good enough technically in tighter spaces under pressure imo. 

I agree - hence Ugarte should be number 1 choice with Rice classed as “unrealistic” for now 

58 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If we get CL, why not go get Rice? With him we're likely to keep getting CL. I could see it happening.

I’d love it obviously and it’s great that we’re at least inquiring. I just can’t see him picking us over some of the other more established clubs though.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Rice man. That'd be a massive signing. Normally a player whose next move would be Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, etc. If we got him that'd be the biggest statement yet that we're going for titles. 

Surely we can scout smarter than Rice? 

9 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’d love it obviously and it’s great that we’re at least inquiring. I just can’t see him picking us over some of the other more established clubs though.

Well, if he's a hammers fan, going to one of the other London clubs causes him issues. So it just depends if the Manchester & Liverpool based clubs are interested. Don't think Citeh need him. Liverpool really need a Henderson replacement, but look likely to miss out on CL next season, so Manure would be the competition, and why we mustn't assist them by buying their shite, topping up their coffers and freeing up squad places.