Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I still think we'll make a big name signing at some stage, and why not after we get CL football? Rice would be perfect. All the top clubs in the league want him, hes genuinely brilliant and there we go and win the race for him. Big statement signing. He'd be so fucking good for us too, go get the little turncoat bastard. 

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

I still think we'll make a big name signing at some stage, and why not after we get CL football? Rice would be perfect. All the top clubs in the league want him, hes genuinely brilliant and there we go and win the race for him. Big statement signing. He'd be so fucking good for us too, go get the little turncoat bastard. 

All signings are risks but I just don't see how he wouldn't be great for the next 8-10 years for us. No language barrier, worrying whether he'd adapt to the pace of the league, no needing time to adjust. He'd be signing for us as one of the best in the league already in his role. He's the perfect fit imo. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

All signings are risks but I just don't see how he wouldn't be great for the next 8-10 years for us. No language barrier, worrying whether he'd adapt to the pace of the league, no needing time to adjust. He'd be signing for us as one of the best in the league already in his role. He's the perfect fit imo. 

I actually think he’d want to join us given Eddie and the coaching team, the overall project and the prospect of Champions League football next season. I just don’t see us coming out on top in a bidding war though. It looks like Liverpool aren’t interested or want to spend the money on one player and Man City will be after Bellingham. Surely the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal wouldn’t want to risk losing out on him 

6 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I actually think he’d want to join us given Eddie and the coaching team, the overall project and the prospect of Champions League football next season. I just don’t see us coming out on top in a bidding war though. It looks like Liverpool aren’t interested or want to spend the money on one player and Man City will be after Bellingham. Surely the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal wouldn’t want to risk losing out on him 

I agree.

Put it this way, if he's available for what we could afford (fee + wages) there'll be a very long queue of clubs we'd have to battle our way to the front of. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Has anyone seen much of Manuel Ugarte as an option for the DM role? I saw some stats which looked outstanding, but of course that could depend on the standard of football he plays at.

Obviously stepping up to the prem needs to be taken into account but I think he'd be ideal for what we are looking for to unleash Bruno, very press resistant on the ball and really strong on the defensive side of things.

Sporting seem to have a conveyor belt of good midfielders having Ugarte after selling Palhinha and Nunes

From the Athletic, for all those Willock haters and those who are looking at our midfield; Willock is 92% similar to the Jude profile below it. 

jude_bellingham_2022-23_similarity-1.png

pizza_jude_bellingham_CM_2022-23-2.png

Edited by Kanji

56 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Well, if he's a hammers fan, going to one of the other London clubs causes him issues. So it just depends if the Manchester & Liverpool based clubs are interested. Don't think Citeh need him. Liverpool really need a Henderson replacement, but look likely to miss out on CL next season, so Manure would be the competition, and why we mustn't assist them by buying their shite, topping up their coffers and freeing up squad places.

He’s a Chelsea fan, all his family are 

20 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

He’s a Chelsea fan, all his family are 

guess that's his natural move then. Still, might not be flashy enough for the toddler to open his wallet.

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If we make the CL and we're even sniffing around the Rice level of fee/wages I'd prefer us to offer the moon to Bellingham. Send in Shearer, send in Keegan, send in a blank check.

Liverpool pulled out because the fee is apparently going to  be around the £150 million mark. This would be a really bad idea for us.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Liverpool pulled out because the fee is apparently going to  be around the £150 million mark. This would be a really bad idea for us.

Probably, I don't think we will or should go for Rice either. Just saying while we're dreaming...

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Best thing Liverpool could do is spend £150m on Bellingham TBH. And another £75 on Rice if possible :lol:

Apparently they've been so taken aback by how badly their midfield fell off this season that they are aiming to go for three players instead with that money to fully rebuild that area.

42 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

£200m on Rice & Bellingham - one can dream

Hypothetically, if this happened and they were the only signings we made in the summer (aside from players for the U21s) would we be happy with this? 

I'm not so sure I would be.

22 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Hypothetically, if this happened and they were the only signings we made in the summer (aside from players for the U21s) would we be happy with this? 

I'm not so sure I would be.

No we actually do need some depth at the back and some more quality up top.

But that is some midfield. If we filled the other roles with highly rated youngsters, I wouldn't be mad. Like Levi Colwill level.

Edited by The College Dropout

51 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

They'd want something stupid like £60-70m.

And rightly so Tbf. If we didn't already have Isak and Wilson, I'd be happy for the club to spend that on him, but as it is, there are more important positions that needs filling.

On 06/04/2023 at 07:00, BonesJones said:

I know you're a top guy from the Botman discussions, but where have I said you're not doing fine?

I'm simplying suggesting Milan haven't learned from the mistake of trying to compete with us for a deal, take it with a pinch of salt.

Apologies for using the wrong name.

After beating Napoli 4-0, I think I got a little too cocky, please excuse me.

I don't think Newcastle really flexes your financial muscle, it's not like it was a question over finances. You didn't pay some absurd sum for Botman, for EPL standards. He's a very strong CB, I just don't think he would work for us--and I think the way that he is protected with Dan Burn as a LB works really well for him and has allowed him to blossom.

Howe should be getting more plaudits, because again, it's not like Newcastle are spending absurd sums--at least not yet--you're spending around Tottenham, West Ham, money, nothing crazy for the league. And look at West Ham. Spurs are also a disappointment, in my view. I don't even want to begin on Chelsea.

Oh, and please don't apologize, I just thought I'd give you a fun fact like when people find out that only sparkling wine from Champagne can be called... Champagne. Y'know, the sorts of fun facts that make you the life of the party, lol.

I should be the one apologizing, honestly, I'm sorry.

On 06/04/2023 at 05:14, Keegans Export said:

Not to make this into the Official Serie A thread, but I've just had a look at the Serie A table there - looks like quite an exciting battle between 3rd and 6th. 

The injuries to Milan this year (which are systemic at this point and the manager needs to take blame for them [as they are muscular in nature]) has made this a far less interesting championship than I expected.

Our manager has stopped doing all the things that made him so interesting last year, he really mishandled every young player we have, and has run so many players into the ground, whilst also messing up his tactics. Having one of the top 10 worst keepers in Europe's top five leagues play most of our season when we have arguably the best keeper in the world (Maignan) injured doesn't help, of course.

Now that we are healthy, the results have changed--though every team in the top 6 (except for Milan) has been implicated in transfer inflation, just Serie A being, well, Serie A. Italians don't protect each other for the good of the league like the EPL.

I always keep my eye out for Newcastle, just to see how things are doing, since you all have been so nice to me.

15 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Imagine all the filthy things Howe could do with that.

I've been impressed with Onana, but he doesn't seem to be linked with anyone in the gossip columns. Is there a catch?