Rooney

Guest makemeacupoftea

Guest Gosport Toon

Got a hunch he nots going to run out of steam.

I'd say he's more in danger of losing interest or 'running out of steam' than any other young player. He's reached the very top so early in his career, playing for Man Utd, automatic in the England team... he hasn't got the same motives to improve as other young players do.

Getting to the top early didn't seem to affect players like Pele, Maradona etc

Cesc Fabregas will be worrying if he reads this thead tbh

Guest thompers

Got a hunch he nots going to run out of steam.

I'd say he's more in danger of losing interest or 'running out of steam' than any other young player. He's reached the very top so early in his career, playing for Man Utd, automatic in the England team... he hasn't got the same motives to improve as other young players do.

Getting to the top early didn't seem to affect players like Pele, Maradona etc

Cesc Fabregas will be worrying if he reads this thead tbh

Oh well if it didn't affect those two players then it DEFINATELY won't effect Rooney then :roll:

Of course, I merely pointed out that there's a risk of it happening, and not that it would.

You could argue that Pele and Maradonna weren't effected because their game was based more on natural ability (which you don't tend to lose) than Rooney's, and whilst Rooney has natural ability, his best performances come because of his extraordinary work rate and enthusiasm.

Guest thompers

Whilst he's obviously not past his best, I'd take Ronaldo over him any day.

Aye. Imagine how many we wouldn't score with those pin point crosses getting whipped in to Shola :D

Guest sharath

Aye. Imagine how many we wouldn't score with those pin point crosses getting whipped in to Shola :D

:D :D

rooney is off form thats it...everyone goes through it...owen did too. he will get back to his best. needs a bit of rest the kid.

Guest thompers

The most overated young player since Ibrahimovic...

Milner/Ambrose/Jenas were more over rated than Rooney to be fair.

Guest Bellers

The most overated young player since Ibrahimovic...

Milner/Ambrose/Jenas were more over rated than Rooney to be fair.

By our fans...

...but Rooney is rimmed by the media week in week out.

I think the majority of those who dont have the English-player bias knew he was being overhyped from the very beginning.

Still a quality all round player, but as said before, very doubtful that hes ever going to be a great or even world class. I think at this point in time, he looks like going down the same road as Cantona - an immense player domestically in the Premiership, pulling strings and dominating the opposition, but at a higher level (eg CL) always playing at a level below that and easily kept quiet.

Hasn't he only scored a couple less than Drogba in the league?

5 less.

He doesn't play the out and out striker role and is often linking play running from deep or developing the second attacking phase.

He is without doubt one of the best players in the world imo.

There is more to come as well I'm sure of it.