Operacion Puerto

James

Been sidetracked slightly. I'm saying that several sporting organisations could be covering up problems with performance enhancing drugs because they are unable to prosecute.

Don't you want to answer my question?  tongue.gif bluewink.gif

Only just saw it your question. I would say that it is funny that it is only athletes from certain nations that ever get caught.

Which nations are they then?

the US, the UK, and China.

The first two because their drugs testing (especially for Olympic disciplines) is world class,  while the athletes in the latter because the athletes cant afford the undetectable drugs and the stakes are very high in Chinese athletics at the moment.

The first two because their drugs testing (especially for Olympic disciplines) is world class,  while the athletes in the latter because the athletes cant afford the undetectable drugs and the stakes are very high in Chinese athletics at the moment.

At the last Olympics there were people from all over the world who failed drugs tests tbh - from Eastern Europe, Iran, Greece, etc. etc. (easily the worst games ever for it).

See here if you don't believe me: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics_2004/3610830.stm

At the last Olympics there were people from all over the world who failed drugs tests tbh - from Eastern Europe, Iran, Greece, etc. etc. (easily the worst games ever for it).

See here if you don't believe me: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics_2004/3610830.stm

ie poor countries with high stakes.

ie poor countries with high stakes.

So how do English and American athletes fail them too then? And that bit in bold was just a sample to disprove your previous post which, if you clicked on the link, you would see. I would say your argument was in tatters if I had any idea what it was.

Most of the UK and US like I just said fail drugs tests carried out by the world class drug testing facilities used by UK and US authorities.

Still don't know what you're on about. I do know athletes from all over the world failed drugs tests at the last Olympics though and not (as you suggested) only ones from the US, China and Britain. Don't know why when I pointed that out you said the ones who weren't from those countries only came from poor countries (they don't btw) with high stakes. Don't see how any of that supports your previous assertion drug testing is useless either.

Most of the UK and US like I just said fail drugs tests carried out by the world class drug testing facilities used by UK and US authorities.

Still don't know what you're on about. I do know athletes from all over the world failed drugs tests at the last Olympics though and not (as you suggested) only ones from the US, China and Britain. Don't know why when I pointed that out you said the ones who weren't from those countries only came from poor countries (they don't btw) with high stakes. Don't see how any of that supports your previous assertion drug testing is useless either.

It is all a very complex issue, and if you keep dragging the issue of drugs in sport in one particular direction, arguments become less and less plausible. Give me a second and I'll try to summarise it all.

1) There is circumstantial evidence that footballers are taking performance enhancing drugs, and this has not been investigated into by FIFA.

2) It is possible that FIFA and the Spanish police are not acting on this evidence because a prosecution cannot be obtained without either a positive drugs test, a confession, or by discovering that athletes are keeping drugs in there house/car/hotel. It is highly probable that the big sporting figures involved could sue in retaliation.

3) New variants of drugs are always being created. These drugs are undetectable until the authorities gain a specimen of these new drugs.

4) By the time the authorities have discovered a new testing procedure, the athletes are all on different drugs. Frozen samples can sometimes provide evidence, but sporting lawyers can usually find a loophole here to get the sportsmen off the hook. It could now be said that drugs testing is useless.

5) However people do get caught testing positive for drugs.

6) In the US an UK, people get caught because the authorities are highly competent and technologically advanced, and most positive tests are discovered by the US and UK authorities while the international authorities have either not tested these individuals thoroughly enough due to technological constraints, or have failed to prosecute due to their less efficient or competent systems have left several loopholes for the lawyers to exploit.

7) Countries containing poorer individuals, but with high stakes and rewards such as China, Greece, Iran and Eastern European countries, have athletes who will take risks and use drugs which more widely available and therefore easier to discover during testing.

8 ) Meanwhile, it is generally the Spanish, French, and Italians who find themselves free from prosecution as they prefer to support the less competent international authorites rather than invest heavily on their own domestic testing procedures. And at the same time, the athletes from these countries are able to afford these undetectable drugs. That is why drug doctors from all over the world move to the Western european countries - to make lots of money with a much smaller chance of being caught.