Sib Out To End Drought

Nobby

ANTOINE Sibierski admits he is due a goal and says there is no better time to find the net than when he returns from injury against Aston Villa.

Sib was forced to sit out of the 2-2 draw with West Ham after getting a kick in the throat during the FA Cup defeat against Birmingham City.

But the Frenchman has recovered from that knock and will be up for selection when Villa visit St.James' Park on Wednesday.

Sibierski, who will be looking for his first strike since he bagged United's opener in the 3-2 over Reading in December, told nufc.co.uk: "I want to score as quickly as I can because I haven't scored since December and that seems like a long time ago.

"I missed the last game after getting a couple of knocks to the head but I feel much better now. It has been difficult however because I had a permanent headache for three days."

The former Man City man is keen to rekindle his partnership with Oba Martins, with the duo netting 16 times between them in all competitions this term.

Sibierski added: "Oba is doing well and he has scored many goals and some great strikes amongst them.

"That is good for us but we need another striker to get goals too.

"I enjoy playing with Oba because he is not selfish and he creates chances for me.

"We need to win against Villa because we are nine points behind sixth place and it is important to get back to winning ways."

Sibierski is happy to let any decision regarding his future wait until after the Villa game but admits he has developed a love for life on Tyneside.

"I know Glenn would like to sign me and I would like to stay.

"I have really enjoyed my time at Newcastle and everything they have given me I would like to repay.

"But the future is not urgent, it is about beating Aston Villa and later we can think about next season."

Lokked good up until Christmas, since when he's had a poor run.

Not think teams are thinking he's more of a threat these days?

At first everyone was laughing, including our own fans, then he started getting goals, and now everyone is probably studying him a little more closely.

Either way, a useful asset currently, although i think offering him a new deal at this stage is pointless. Keep him on his toes, no one bigger than us will want him, so why offer now?