Woody sold to Boro

kirkwdavis2001

Dawson had shown good potential at that time?

This does not suggest that he is a better defender than others such as Lescott though!

Campbell will not be in tomorrow's match. But Dawson is still a long way behind him, despite this call up!

Guest kingdawson

Dawson had shown good potential at that time?

This does not suggest that he is a better defender than others such as Lescott though!

Campbell will not be in tomorrow's match. But Dawson is still a long way behind him, despite this call up!

Mate im just giving some reasons as to why i feel Dawson is the better defender out of the two. The other poster was going on as if there was no question at all that Lescott was better player :rolleyes:.

Mate what forget is that Dawson was called up to the full England squad at 19 when he was still playing for Forest.

Evidence please?

I'm sure he did just to train then be sent away again so SGE could have a look at him.

He was in no way going to be picked if am thinking of the right player though.

EDIT:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profile?id=19812&cc=null

'His impressed enough to be invited to join the senior England side for their squad sessions in November 2002.'

Aye, just to train, not up for selection, am sure SGE did that with a few players.

Wasn't SGE intrested in the Zog before he was told he is French?  :lol:

Mate im just giving some reasons as to why i feel Dawson is the better defender out of the two. The other poster was going on as if there was no question at all that Lescott was better player :rolleyes:.

There is no question at all Lescott is a better player!

Just look at their performances this year. If you insist that Dawson is as good as Lescott as central defender, then Lescott's verstality as left back and right back makes him a better than Dawson.

Dawson looks the poorer defender alongside King. And he still looks a poor defender whether he is partnering Gardner or Davenport. Whereas good defenders still look good even if he is playing alongside poor defenders, eg Taylor + Bramble / Boumsong.

Guest kingdawson

There is no question at all Lescott is a better player!

Just look at their performances this year. If you insist that Dawson is as good as Lescott as central defender, then Lescott's verstality as left back and right back makes him a better than Dawson.

Dawson looks the poorer defender alongside King. And he still looks a poor defender whether he is partnering Gardner or Davenport. Whereas good defenders still look good even if he is playing alongside poor defenders, eg Taylor + Bramble / Boumsong.

Youre totally wrong about a lot of points but im not gonna bother arguing. Oh and i do not insist on Dawson being as good as Lescott. My point is that Dawson is a BETTER centre back then Lescott.

Guest Gemmill

yep Dawson's the better centre back (hence the continuous england call ups). Some players on that list shouldnt be there but i dont really wanna start an argument.

The continuous England call ups are more due to lack of competition, his physical resemblence to John Terry (the then hottest England star) rather than his true ability (not mean to offend you).

Dawson was in Tottenham, an up and coming premiership club. Lescott was in Wolves (and missed a whole season), Championship struggler. Davies in West Brom, a premiership relegation contender. Taylor in Newcastle, injured or alongside Boumsong/Bramble. Also, Taylor and Davies are a few years younger than Dawson.

Don't forget that, in senior squad, both Wes Brown and Jonathan Woodgate were always injured.

This leave Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell, Carragher, King as the only recognised senior defenders. If Dawson is not called up who else???

PS Upson was playing for Birmingham, a relegation contender. He is also a good few years older than Dawson, hence pointless to groom him as the next generation defensive pillar.

Mate what forget is that Dawson was called up to the full England squad at 19 when he was still playing for Forest.

What you forget is that Sven called up Jermaine Jenas for pretty much every England squad, and took Theo Walcott to the World Cup.  He was fucking clueless, so using an England call-up as proof of Dawson's quality is a cobblers argument.

Guest Retro Barker

Why do you think Lescott is utter sh1te? Honestly I would be extremely happy if Taylor's partner is Lescott.

Also, physical attributes are part and parcel in defensive ability. Hence I can "understand" that some people see King marginally better than Woodgate. But ultimately I very much disagree with this for though Woodgate is not as tough as King, he rarely get outmuscled and he has hardly been bullied by any physical players in premiership. Perhaps in Newcastle and Boro he has Bramble and Potagetz respectively, but in Leeds he had Rio Ferdinand!

If you speak to the majority of Boro fans, they will agree that Pogatetz has out performed Woodgate on many occasion this season, and is if not our player of the season so far. He is hardly bramble standard, far from it. Last year he was rubbish at LB but this season, he has been awesome in the centre of defence.

Guest Retro Barker

You only have to look at how many call ups Jenas has gotten to see whether its a good measure of a players quality.

That means nothing, remember Carlton Palmer.........jesus!

You only have to look at how many call ups Jenas has gotten to see whether its a good measure of a players quality.

We had a football talk-in last year at Uni with Palmer, Ray Stubbs and Garth Crooks. Someone asked Palmer how the hell he'd got so many England caps. He went mad, with replies like 'who the fuck are you to question me, how many caps have you got?' etc. Was hilarious how defensive he got. :lol:

If you speak to the majority of Boro fans, they will agree that Pogatetz has out performed Woodgate on many occasion this season, and is if not our player of the season so far. He is hardly bramble standard, far from it. Last year he was rubbish at LB but this season, he has been awesome in the centre of defence.

When I cite Pogatetz and Bramble I mean that both did the physical works for Woodgate.

Youre totally wrong about a lot of points but im not gonna bother arguing. Oh and i do not insist on Dawson being as good as Lescott. My point is that Dawson is a BETTER centre back then Lescott.

If your purpose is only stating your opinions after every other opinions you disagree with, without bother to argue and debate, then just leave it like this.

We had a football talk-in last year at Uni with Palmer, Ray Stubbs and Garth Crooks. Someone asked Palmer how the hell he'd got so many England caps. He went mad, with replies like 'who the f*** are you to question me, how many caps have you got?' etc. Was hilarious how defensive he got. :lol:

Hahahaha, like David Brent on The Office Xmas Specials. "Yeah well what have you ever done on telly so don't...."

Guest Billy Whitehurst

I just hope that all this hype about Dawson continues so he keeps getting selected against us and we continue to get our customary 3 points off Spurs.

One of the worst centre halves I saw last season and the only one I saw Shearer outpace.