Sir Bobby's achievements of consistent European football the "Aim" for Roeder

Gallowgate End

Glen Roeder accepts that he will not succeed as manager of Newcastle unless he can turn the club into Champions league contenders again

it is only four seasons since the Magpies finished 4th then 3rd in successive years under Sir Bobby Robson.

Roeder said "A few years ago under Sir Bobby, the club qualified for the Champions League that has got to be the ultimate aim of any manager who manages this football club if you can not quite make that at least you guarantee Uefa Cup Football something Sir Bobby delivered throughout his time here that must be the aim" "We need to be in Europe every season. I accepted the responsibility that goes with that"

"the boys have done very well the ones who have remained fit to have kept there nerve of expectation that this club brings"

Interesting words from Roeder.

I think he is spot on about what this club must "Aim" for during his time here, European football year in year out and 5th place however aiming to break the "Big four" like Sir Bobby did and hitting the likes of 3rd and 4th i feel is something that is beyond Roeder quality as a manager but not of a fully fit Newcastle United squad with a top manager like Sir Bobby Robson.

Question is can Glen Roeder live up to his "Aim" of consistent European football?

Lets hope he can deliver. Some people expect him to deliver that straight away though it seems. He still has a massive job of clearing some of the s*** out and building the team. He has my full support anyway.

thank you for that post.

Guest Knightrider

He falls short of CL qualifying quality as a manager, but we should be in the mix for UEFA Cup spots. Aiming higher is good though, I have no problems with that.

Glen Roeder accepts that he will not succeed as manager of Newcastle unless he can turn the club into Champions league contenders again

it is only four seasons since the Magpies finished 4th then 3rd in successive years under Sir Bobby Robson.

Roeder said "A few years ago under Sir Bobby, the club qualified for the Champions League. that has got to be the ultimate aim of any manager who manages this football club if you can not quite make that at least you guarantee Uefa Cup Football something Sir Bobby delivered throughout his time here that must be the aim" "We need to be in Europe every season. I accepted the responsibility that goes with that"

"the boys have done very well the ones who have remained fit to have kept there nerve of expectation that this club brings"

Interesting words from Roeder.

I think he is spot on about what this club must "Aim" for during his time here, European football year in year out and 5th place however aiming to break the "Big four" like Sir Bobby did and hitting the likes of 3rd and 4th i feel is something that is beyond Roeder quality as a manager but not of a fully fit Newcastle United squad with a top manager like Sir Bobby Robson.

Question is can Glen Roeder live up to his "Aim" of consistent European football?

It was more of a big 2/3 back then. What with Chelsea just having been purchased and Liverpool having Houllier as a manager, it was up for grabs after Man U/Arsenal.

Still, what HTT said.

Though i agree with what Roeder said,this bit is something i didnt like

A few years ago under Sir Bobby, the club qualified for the Champions League. that has got to be the ultimate aim of any manager who manages this football club if you can not quite make that at least you guarantee Uefa Cup Football

Even though we are not Man Utd,Chelsea,Or Liverpool and Arsenal,our (Ultimate aim) should still be the title,after all the higher you think the higher you get..