Beckham and England

alpal78
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beckham should be in the squad. Hard worker, cool head, good at keeping the ball and a threat from set pieces and corners. There are games where you're going to want that. Whether he should start games or be used as a sub depends on the opposition and the tactics, but not to have him along is just daft.

Of course right now he's playing in La Liga and presumably fit enough for top level international games. If he can maintain that level of fitness in the Major League fair enough, if he can't then drop him.

id rather have beckham in midfield with either lampard  OR gerrard.  Lennon on the RW.

I think gerrard should be dropped for a game or 2.  His recent performances have been ave,, he needs a shock to wake him up.

if rooney is fit i would drop dyer to the bench and play him behind a striker........problem is we only have owen to play up front(so not this season).  lankey bugger just isnt good enough.    I dont rate defoe either.  id like to see dean ashton given a chance, but hes not available either!

atmo england in last third have big problems.

Guest Gemmill

Jesus is weeping at the Milner over Beckham suggestions.  Weeping with laughter.

Why? Name me a more in-form English right winger at this present time.

James Milner is a decent Premiership player.  He is not international class.  That's why.

Milner was average up until the last 2 months. You don't pick a player for England based on 2 months performances. If he keeps playing like this, scoring and making goals for the rest of this season, has a good Euro Championships in the summer, and continues playing week-in, week-out when the likes of Owen, N'Zogbia & Ameobi are back in the squad, then maybe.

Milner was average up until the last 2 months. You don't pick a player for England based on 2 months performances. If he keeps playing like this, scoring and making goals for the rest of this season, has a good Euro Championships in the summer, and continues playing week-in, week-out when the likes of Owen, N'Zogbia & Ameobi are back in the squad, then maybe.

I would guess he has been one of the most productive English wingers over the last 2 seasons.

As someone else has said, Steven Gerrard down the right.

I believe it's best to use your best players in their best positions and not fit square pets in round holes. He can play there yes, so he'd be an option, but I'd sooner go with a proper right sided player to start with. He tries too many long balls for my liking, given that I prefer a short passing game.

As someone else has said, Steven Gerrard down the right.

I believe it's best to use your best players in their best positions and not fit square pets in round holes. He can play there yes, so he'd be an option, but I'd sooner go with a proper right sided player to start with. He tries too many long balls for my liking, given that I prefer a short passing game.

From what I've seen of Liverpool over the 2 years (which I'll admit isn't much) Gerrard and the team look better when he's out on the right, he's not a traditional winger but he has a better final ball than SWP and Lennon.

BTW I wouldn't be surprised if McClaren played Dyer down the right.

Whenever I've seen Liverpool, the look stronger when they have Alonso & Sissoko in the centre with Gerrard on the right, than with Gerrard & Alonso with Pennant/Garcia/etc. on the right.

Disagree. Their best results have come since Sissoko did his shoulder. I don't think they won a game away from home beforehand and they've got 5 since. And Gerrard himself didn't score once from the right wing. ^-^

Apart from Chelsea though, who have Liverpool beaten of note in that time?

Their home form has been pretty consistent throughout the season so I'm not sure there is much of a comparison to be made between before/after the Sissoko injury(Chelsea and Bolton very comfortably beaten btw!). But away from home early on this season they got absolutely gubbed at Everton, beaten pretty nicely by Bolton and held by Sheff U...Since theyve won quite a few away games against the relegation fighters VERY comfortably...not faced much of the proper teams apart from yous, Blackburn and Spurs where fair enough they've lost 2 won 1...I still think that qualifies as an improvement!  :undecided: