Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

Craig Bellamy is a fantastic little player. Bags of pace, strength, control and an eye for goal. He'll give everything for his side there's no doubting that.

The million dollar question is, is it worth having that talent if he's constantly acting like a little tosser. Off the field he's violent, abusive, and arrogant, as proved in his various altercations.  Now before anyone mentions Kieron Dyer, yes he's arrogant and generally a little nark, but I'd say that's a complete step down from being a violent thug.

In all honesty I think people are just using the Souness factor as an excuse for Bellamy's departure. Yes, Souness clearly went searching for conflict but Bellamy can't be excused for his actions. Calling your boss a liar on live television would not be tollerated by any superior. If he'd bother to engage his brain before he opened his mouth he might of realised this. The thing is this isn't the first time Bellamy had behaved in this fashion, one stand out memory being Bellamy abusing Souness after he'd removed him from the field against during a match against Charlton, there's just no need.

Although Bellamy is a fantastic player people really need to get over the glory of Feyenoord and such. The fact of the matter is he's a little s*** and is simply not worth the hasstle.

All of that has been said before. Personally I couldn't give a s*** about him calling souness a liar on TV, the whole bloody thing was engineered by souness and his band of 'yes' men. It's a disgrace that people who had been watching the commitment of Bellamy from the moment he joined the club were prepared then and are still prepared now to think ill of him based on the ramblings of a f****** egotistical maniac like Souness. I find it incredible that you cite the match against Charlton and use that particular match to get at Bellamy. That was the match after which souness should have been sacked because that was the match he sacrificed 3 valuable points to feed his ego. He put his ego ahead of the best interests of the club. Bellamy called him a w****** because he knew that too.

Still, each to their own. For myself, I want to see top players playing for this club and I want to see a manager who can manage awkward personalities.

I'm off now, end of thread for me. It's been difficult the last few pages through the ridiculous sniping by the usual suspects.

I think we all want to be PROUD of our club - and the players and the rest of the staff

With a tit like Bellamy you just want to cringe - he's not going to change and I for one am very very gald he's gone

Craig Bellamy is a fantastic little player. Bags of pace, strength, control and an eye for goal. He'll give everything for his side there's no doubting that.

The million dollar question is, is it worth having that talent if he's constantly acting like a little tosser. Off the field he's violent, abusive, and arrogant, as proved in his various altercations.  Now before anyone mentions Kieron Dyer, yes he's arrogant and generally a little nark, but I'd say that's a complete step down from being a violent thug.

In all honesty I think people are just using the Souness factor as an excuse for Bellamy's departure. Yes, Souness clearly went searching for conflict but Bellamy can't be excused for his actions. Calling your boss a liar on live television would not be tollerated by any superior. If he'd bother to engage his brain before he opened his mouth he might of realised this. The thing is this isn't the first time Bellamy had behaved in this fashion, one stand out memory being Bellamy abusing Souness after he'd removed him from the field against during a match against Charlton, there's just no need.

Although Bellamy is a fantastic player people really need to get over the glory of Feyenoord and such. The fact of the matter is he's a little s*** and is simply not worth the hasstle.

All of that has been said before. Personally I couldn't give a s*** about him calling souness a liar on TV, the whole bloody thing was engineered by souness and his band of 'yes' men. It's a disgrace that people who had been watching the commitment of Bellamy from the moment he joined the club were prepared then and are still prepared now to think ill of him based on the ramblings of a f****** egotistical maniac like Souness. I find it incredible that you cite the match against Charlton and use that particular match to get at Bellamy. That was the match after which souness should have been sacked because that was the match he sacrificed 3 valuable points to feed his ego. He put his ego ahead of the best interests of the club. Bellamy called him a w****** because he knew that too.

Still, each to their own. For myself, I want to see top players playing for this club and I want to see a manager who can manage awkward personalities.

I'm off now, end of thread for me. It's been difficult the last few pages through the ridiculous sniping by the usual suspects.

I think we all want to be PROUD of our club - and the players and the rest of the staff

With a tit like Bellamy you just want to cringe - he's not going to change and I for one am very very gald he's gone

are you "very very" glad 3rd, 4th, 5th positions have went with his departure also?

for me Craig Bellamy ability rides above his personality defaults, and by the way personality defaults that for me did not effect the dressing room in so much of a bad way as the 3rd, 4th, 5th positions would suggest.

there is no doubt Craig is a fantastic player and was a excellent player for Newcastle United on the pitch and one of the catalysts of our high times.

however thats gone i hope all the best for Craig Bellamy as a Newcastle United supporter, Craig now has the club he deserves one of the most successful trophy winning clubs in English history.

and by the way you mention cringe?

Souness and what he did to this football clubs makes me more then f****** cringe, ruining two of the main catalyst of 3rd,4th, 5th (Bellamy, Robert) time at Newcastle United resulting in finising a discraceful 14th by the way Newcastle United worst every premiership finnish this all after Sir Bobby Robson has given his life to this football club turning this club into consistently with the top pack of Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal and qualifying for European football year in year out all for that useless c*** to ruin it.

two of our OWN players fighting on the pitch under the so called disciplinarian Souness is what made me f****** cringe.

Guest Hodgson09

Bellamy is gone and honestly would you want him back if he were available? Considering it is looking more and more likely that he assaulted his own team mate with a golf club, just because he didn't want to sing. Well what if he did come here and couldn't get into his favourite position because of Owen and Martins so he hacks at their legs with a golf club. Bellamy's time here pitch wise was great he is probably the catalyst for our form under Robson he was Shearer's legs and he was and still is exciting to watch. If he didn't have what seems like serious metal issues he would be a fantastic addition to the squad, but with the way he is going the only place he'll end up is the should have been shelf, and probably prison.

He could add a positive dimension to any team in the world he is a bloody waste of talent and that is just sad.

Making this into a thread about Souness is wrong, and is a name that should be censored, as it worse than cunt, fuck, piss, shit, wank, etc. Shepherd should be hung from his scrotum for appointing such a miserable useless cunt you can't blame Souness for being so shit, it's like blaming someone for being disabled it's just not fair. Shepherd should be the one to take the blame.

I would be a liar if I said that I don't sometimes dream about having Bellamy in our side, because I do almost everyday someone with his pace and trickery can just carve open defenses put him alongside a striker who can score goals, Martins or Owen and you have a very good strikeforce. But you cannot ignore all the misgivings in his personality he is a liability and unless it is something that can be treated with medication we shouldn't even think about having him back at the club. We can however remember the good times we had with Bellamy. You get good offensive penetration when Bellamay is in the side unfortunately for Bellers he might be get some penetration of a different kind if Riise decided to press charges.

Supporting a club is more than trophies on the shelf FFS

Why else do we watch NUFC???

Are we REALLY willing to put up with ANYTHING as long as we win sommat???

Craig Bellamy is the antithesis of the great players - Milburn, White, Scoular. Alchurch, Pedro, Sir Les, Shearer, Givven etc etc that have graced SJP

If you want to watch thugs in a club that honours thugs go to Millwall or Leeds

Guest Knightrider

I wanted Bellamy out, not because he said fuck off to Souness, or even because he feigned injury (if that is what he did do), no, but because he lied to his Chairman and manager and went back on an agreement behind doors to take the matter no further, and on live TV too, in a cringeworthy and embarrassing (for the club) manner that reeked of me, myself and I. I don't give a shit how good a player he was, no player is bigger than the club or can make a dick of the club and expect to get away with it, I backed Freddy Shepherd's decision to get rid, 100% and we mustn't forget what precedent could have been set had he been allowed to stay after going on TV, what message would that have sent out to the rest of the players, fans and our rivals? That players can do what the hell they like.

People also seem to forget Bellamy's part in the whole affair, he engineered his move by going back on an agreement he made with the Chairman and manager to speak out on TV, which basically made up the club's mind. He wanted out, just has he wanted out if we had of bought Rooney - his own words, not mine, and again live and just after a match. Tool!

The bloke's a cock and good riddance, the day we allow such things to be brushed under the carpet or for such players to get away with doing what they want, the day we cease being Newcastle United.

Guest smoggeordie

I wanted Bellamy out, not because he said f*** off to Souness, or even because he feigned injury (if that is what he did do), no, but because he lied to his Chairman and manager and went back on an agreement behind doors to take the matter no further, and on live TV too, in a cringeworthy and embarrassing (for the club) manner that reeked of me, myself and I. I don't give a s*** how good a player he was, no player is bigger than the club or can make a dick of the club and expect to get away with it, I backed Freddy Shepherd's decision to get rid, 100% and we mustn't forget what precedent could have been set had he been allowed to stay after going on TV, what message would that have sent out to the rest of the players, fans and our rivals? That players can do what the hell they like.

People also seem to forget Bellamy's part in the whole affair, he engineered his move by going back on an agreement he made with the Chairman and manager to speak out on TV, which basically made up the club's mind. He wanted out, just has he wanted out if we had of bought Rooney - his own words, not mine, and again live and just after a match. Tool!

The bloke's a cock and good riddance, the day we allow such things to be brushed under the carpet or for such players to get away with doing what they want, the day we cease being Newcastle United.

As it is said in GOAL!: The name on the front of the shirt is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back.

I wanted Bellamy out, not because he said f*** off to Souness, or even because he feigned injury (if that is what he did do), no, but because he lied to his Chairman and manager and went back on an agreement behind doors to take the matter no further, and on live TV too, in a cringeworthy and embarrassing (for the club) manner that reeked of me, myself and I. I don't give a s*** how good a player he was, no player is bigger than the club or can make a dick of the club and expect to get away with it, I backed Freddy Shepherd's decision to get rid, 100% and we mustn't forget what precedent could have been set had he been allowed to stay after going on TV, what message would that have sent out to the rest of the players, fans and our rivals? That players can do what the hell they like.

As it is said in GOAL!: The name on the front of the shirt is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back.

too damn right....................

I support N Rock till I die

Guest smoggeordie

too damn right....................

I support N Rock till I die

Adidas tbh

Guest Knightrider

Exactly, Bellamy was causing far too much trouble off the pitch, his foul language which according to SBR irked everyone at the club "faking" this, "faking" that according to some, everywhere he went, whether it was in a hotel or in the club canteen, despite repeated warnings, his chair flinging, his boosy brushes with the law, bouncers and young lasses, his swearing at the manager when coming off, his feining injury at Highbury, his post-match Norwich comments, his lies - "yes Mr Chairman, Mr Souness, this is the end of the matter" hours before he organises a live sit in with Sky. He's at the right club is Bellamy, the victim. My heart bleeds. And lets not change history here, yes he was a good player, an important one, but he was not Mr NUFC, he missed more games than he played, cost a shit load in medical expenses, wasn't consistent and his finishing left a lot to be desired at times, basically he was no Gary Speed, Shay Given or Alan Shearer. We saved his career, we gave him his big break, we got him the best medical care he could hope for, we dealt with all the bad PR his behaviour heaped on the club, and that's how he repaid us? Some people have no backbone, no standards and no sense of what is important. To take a player's side over the club's? Fuck that.

The real question is: Is Bellamy a big enough talent to cancel out the baggage that comes with him? Not sure tbh and I'm not sure Benitez knows either.

Exactly, Bellamy was causing far too much trouble off the pitch, his foul language which according to SBR irked everyone at the club "faking" this, "faking" that according to some, everywhere he went, whether it was in a hotel or in the club canteen, despite repeated warnings, his chair flinging, his boosy brushes with the law, bouncers and young lasses, his swearing at the manager when coming off, his feining injury at Highbury, his post-match Norwich comments, his lies - "yes Mr Chairman, Mr Souness, this is the end of the matter" hours before he organises a live sit in with Sky. He's at the right club is Bellamy, the victim. My heart bleeds. And lets not change history here, yes he was a good player, an important one, but he was not Mr NUFC, he missed more games than he played, cost a s*** load in medical expenses, wasn't consistent and his finishing left a lot to be desired at times, basically he was no Gary Speed, Shay Given or Alan Shearer. We saved his career, we gave him his big break, we got him the best medical care he could hope for, we dealt with all the bad PR his behaviour heaped on the club, and that's how he repaid us? Some people have no backbone, no standards and no sense of what is important. To take a player's side over the club's? f*** that.

He repaid Blackburn nicely too, didn't he?

Guest Knightrider

Exactly, Bellamy was causing far too much trouble off the pitch, his foul language which according to SBR irked everyone at the club "faking" this, "faking" that according to some, everywhere he went, whether it was in a hotel or in the club canteen, despite repeated warnings, his chair flinging, his boosy brushes with the law, bouncers and young lasses, his swearing at the manager when coming off, his feining injury at Highbury, his post-match Norwich comments, his lies - "yes Mr Chairman, Mr Souness, this is the end of the matter" hours before he organises a live sit in with Sky. He's at the right club is Bellamy, the victim. My heart bleeds. And lets not change history here, yes he was a good player, an important one, but he was not Mr NUFC, he missed more games than he played, cost a s*** load in medical expenses, wasn't consistent and his finishing left a lot to be desired at times, basically he was no Gary Speed, Shay Given or Alan Shearer. We saved his career, we gave him his big break, we got him the best medical care he could hope for, we dealt with all the bad PR his behaviour heaped on the club, and that's how he repaid us? Some people have no backbone, no standards and no sense of what is important. To take a player's side over the club's? f*** that.

He repaid Blackburn nicely too, didn't he?

Aye, should have "me, myself & I" on the back of his shirt and not "Bellamy". Won't be long until he's out of Liverpool, wouldn't surprise me if he goes next season, not even sure recent incident aside, that Rafa rates him that highly anyway, I get the impression he's a means to an end and will become surplus to requirements as soon as Rafa can sign better, this recent incident may speed up that process, can't see him standing for any crap, or LFC themselves.

Is anyone big enough to make up for making any club and its supporters a laughing stock?

He's not, the odious dwarf.

I can't believe the levels of goodwill towards Bellamy btw, I'm guessing it's as much to do with the bloke that got rid of him as anything.

Guest Knightrider

Is anyone big enough to make up for making any club and its supporters a laughing stock?

He's not, the odious dwarf.

I can't believe the levels of goodwill towards Bellamy btw, I'm guessing it's as much to do with the bloke that got rid of him as anything.

As I keep saying, had he done what he did to KK or SBR, he'd need bodyguards to get into Toon whenever we played Liverpool.

are you "very very" glad 3rd, 4th, 5th positions have went with his departure also?

for me Craig Bellamy ability rides above his personality defaults, and by the way personality defaults that for me did not effect the dressing room in so much of a bad way as the 3rd, 4th, 5th positions would suggest.

there is no doubt Craig is a fantastic player and was a excellent player for Newcastle United on the pitch and one of the catalysts of our high times.

however thats gone i hope all the best for Craig Bellamy as a Newcastle United supporter, Craig now has the club he deserves one of the most successful trophy winning clubs in English history.

and by the way you mention cringe?

Souness and what he did to this football clubs makes me more then f****** cringe, ruining two of the main catalyst of 3rd,4th, 5th (Bellamy, Robert) time at Newcastle United resulting in finising a discraceful 14th by the way Newcastle United worst every premiership finnish this all after Sir Bobby Robson has given his life to this football club turning this club into consistently with the top pack of Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal and qualifying for European football year in year out all for that useless c*** to ruin it.

two of our OWN players fighting on the pitch under the so called disciplinarian Souness is what made me f****** cringe.

absolutely nailed on.

Guest Sniffer

If we can get CB back at the giveaway price we sold him or less, then I'd do the deal today. Virtually all of the footballers, with only a handful of exceptions are spoilt tw@ts so I couldn't care less now as it's not worth worrying about their behaviour. We still have players on our books who dragged our names in the mud with their sexual escapades and alleged rape. So who cares if CB sinks a few pints and calls somebody a paki? Or gets into the odd brawl?

Bottom line is I 'd rather see Bellamy than watch another donkey like ameobi or sibierski next season which is what we look like ending up with. Also, I definitely don't want to see him at villa, spurs or bolton.

Get him back Glen. It'll be OK and if he helps us win or get to a top four position then all this whining will be forgotten.

If we can get CB back at the giveaway price we sold him or less, then I'd do the deal today. Virtually all of the footballers, with only a handful of exceptions are spoilt tw@ts so I couldn't care less now as it's not worth worrying about their behaviour. We still have players on our books who dragged our names in the mud with their sexual escapades and alleged rape. So who cares if CB sinks a few pints and calls somebody a paki? Or gets into the odd brawl?

Bottom line is I 'd rather see Bellamy than watch another donkey like ameobi or sibierski next season which is what we look like ending up with. Also, I definitely don't want to see him at villa, spurs or bolton.

Get him back Glen. It'll be OK and if he helps us win or get to a top four position then all this whining will be forgotten.

absolutely nailed on. The whining would stop as soon as he walked through the door ........

absolutely nailed on. The whining would stop as soon as he walked through the door ........

But he's not going to walk through the door, so get over him and move on.

If Freddie hadn't sacked Sir Bob 4 games into the season and replaced him with Souness then there's a good chance Bellamy would still be here, all these things are just the fall out from that one ridiculous decision.

BTW I'd be happy if he came back, however I'm not going to waste my time pining after him like some teenager who's been dumped by his first love. :smitten:

Get a grip ffs.

But he's not going to walk through the door, so get over him and move on.

If Freddie hadn't sacked Sir Bob 4 games into the season and replaced him with Souness then there's a good chance Bellamy would still be here, all these things are just the fall out from that one ridiculous decision.

BTW I'd be happy if he came back, however I'm not going to waste my time pining after him like some teenager who's been dumped by his first love. :smitten:

get a grip ffs.

Shame - it could be worse, we could have local lads and NUFC supporters wanting to leave the club. Due to having a shit board. Or we could be qualifying for europe regularly, and buying top quality players....with people thinking we still have a shit board.....

get a grip ffs