Reading

Guest geordie gent

Big City - Decent fan base, decent stadium. A sustainable club.

Disagree with the fans thing, was at uni down south for 3 years before this season and their gates were average at best, most fans have just jumped on the bandwagon this season, and even now a few of the games (Wigan,Blackburn have been a bit of full)and a few of games last season where they were nie on invincible at home. Says on Wiki that they are applying to extend the ground (why i don't know?!). To use an e.g. up here my next door neighbours are Reading 'fans' despite having no interest in football up until this season,

Understand it was designed to be easily expandable up to about 44,000 and he's applied to put a second tier on one side to take it to 32,000

Lots of £££££££ in Reading and bugger all to spend it on TBH

Of course they also get 8000 -20000 every other week from London Irish - and it only cost him £ 10 for the land...................

Hoon OR Mark

YOU CHEEKY LITTLE SOD!!!

I was at Elm park for a lot of the 70's and 80's.Not easy being a season ticket holder 300 miles away.I was at old trafford on saturday despite getting home at 1-45 am. Indeed ,I could bore for Britain on Reading FC.

your next door neighbour (I assume there aren't many Reading fans in Prudhoe)

Elm Park!!!!!

Should have been preserved so folk could see what football supporting was all about - went there in the 70's and it made the old SJP look like the New Wembley - talk about run down..............................  and such a nice area as well