Reserves to leave Kingston park?

Newcastle Fan

From .com

An interesting development in local non-league circles, with the FA ground inspection team in the area last week to check the facilities of Northern League side Newcastle Blue Star.

The Star are one of three sides who have applied to play in the Unibond League next season- along with Consett and Durham City.

However while the other two clubs are remaining at their own grounds, it's understood that Star's inspection took place at the Newcastle Falcons ground at Kingston Park, rather than their existing Wheatsheaf Ground.

We understand the Falcons junior rugby sides and some training sessions will be moved out to the Wheatsheaf.

Where that leaves the other Kingston Park tenant Newcastle Reserves is open to question, but hopefully it will result in us bidding farewell to a venue criticised by various United coaches and players over the years - with many fans having already voted with their feet.

Given that we now play in a reduced size league with only nine home games though, it's high time that we abandoned once and for all the farce of playing games on an exposed, rutted rugby field - be it Kingston Park or the equally unsuitable Gateshead Stadium.

Surely the much-improved pitch at SJP can stand those few extra games?

would it not be possible to play at a range of Non League grounds such Whitley, Consett, Blyth, Bedlington etc etc. providing they were upto scratch. Would probably get the fans in and offers a sort of 'in the community' approach to maybe get more young fans on board. I know years and years ago when our ressies played Prudhoe in that cup thing there was about 500+ in.

EDIT:Bollocks beat me to it!

would it not be possible to play at a range of Non League grounds such Whitley, Consett, Blyth, Bedlington etc etc. providing they were upto scratch. Would probably get the fans in and offers a sort of 'in the community' approach to maybe get more young fans on board. I know years and years ago when our ressies played Prudhoe in that cup thing there was about 500+ in.

EDIT:Bollocks beat me to it!

by exactly 2mins :coolsmiley: