Comparing our forwards with the top 4

Guest Knightrider

Martins may turn into a 20 league goals a season man. Owen certainly is not, and never has been afaik.

Martins and Owen are a good start. Ameobi is not a Premiership striekr, and Dyer is not a striker at all. So i'd say as a GROUP of strikers, what we have is very fucking shabby indeed.

The only reason Owen isn't a 20 goal a season striker is because of injuries, his stats suggest he would be hitting that mark if he could stay fit. 

He's NEVER been a 20 goal striker. His scoring record is by and large excellent, but never 20 league goals.

He's only ever played more than 30 league games in a season twice, and his scoring when he HAS played is at a very good ratio, but there's nothing to suggest he'll ever get 20 goals now.

Guest teepee

Man Utd - Rooney, Saha, Smith, Solskjaer

Arsenal - Henry, Aliadiere, van Persie, Adebayor

Chelsea - Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou, Wright-Phillips

Liverpool - Kuyt, Crouch, Bellamy, Fowler

Toon - Martins, Owen, Dyer, Ameobi

Not too shabby are they?

Only us (Owen), Arsenal (Henry) and Chelsea (Drogba) has a recognised 20-a-season-man goalscorer for me, with Martins good for double figures and Dyer and Ameobi both effective forward players in their own right. I think we have a better forward line than Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, I really do.

i totally agree - if we can avoid too many injuries (no chance, but still...) we have a good forward line. Le sib is also a decent squad player imo!

Guest Sniffer

A lot of people on here are deluding themselves.

Dyer is not a striker.

ameobi only has the tag of being a striker but is worthless. If he was put up for sale I doubt if any team other than those operating on a shoestring would be interested and, even then, they may as well flush their money.

sibierski is a joke at the level we want to compete.

Let's hope martins and Owen can stay relatively injury free because any extended apperances by the other three " strikers " means another tough season for us.

A lot of people on here are deluding themselves.

Dyer is not a striker.

ameobi only has the tag of being a striker but is worthless. If he was put up for sale I doubt if any team other than those operating on a shoestring would be interested and, even then, they may as well flush their money.

sibierski is a joke at the level we want to compete.

Let's hope martins and Owen can stay relatively injury free because any extended apperances by the other three " strikers " means another tough season for us.

"Exactamundo" as Teh Fonz might have said.

Guest triggy99

so our forwards r ok compared to the top 4. now lets compare the rest of our team with the top 4......WE ARE RUBBISH

Guest triggy99

rooneys only forward for man utd better than martins or owen, saha is more or less about the same as martins.

henrys only arsenal forward better than owen or martin, and i would say van persies about the same as martins.

chelsea- drogba and sheva only forwards better than ours. kalou rubbish and wright philip right winger.

Liverpool- our best 2 for wards r better than theirs.

so overall i would only say only chelsea have the better strikers, and arsenal and man utd arent that much better apart from they have henry and rooney that r world class

rooneys only forward for man utd better than martins or owen, saha is more or less about the same as martins.

henrys only arsenal forward better than owen or martin, and i would say van persies about the same as martins.

chelsea- drogba and sheva only forwards better than ours. kalou rubbish and wright philip right winger.

Liverpool- our best 2 for wards r better than theirs.

so overall i would only say only chelsea have the better strikers, and arsenal and man utd arent that much better apart from they have henry and rooney that r world class

Dyer is NOT a striker, for the last time, same as SWP isn't.

jesus, Owen and MArtins aren't THAT good.

Guest given take

IMO....

martins only bettered by rooney and drogba

owen only bettered by rooney

ameobi only bettered drogba, rooney, henry and kite

sibs bettered by everyone except fowler and adeboyor

IMO....

martins only bettered by rooney and drogba

owen only bettered by rooney

ameobi only bettered drogba, rooney, henry and kite

sibs bettered by everyone except fowler and adeboyor

hahahahahahaahaha.

Ameobi better than Shevchenko, Kalou, Saha, Bellamy, the Arsenal foreigns....hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahha. Thats comedy gold, that.

Guest triggy99

owen and martins are better than kuyt, bellamy, fowler and crouch so therefore i would say we have a better strikeforce than liverpool, end of chat.