Steven Taylor - the myth, the liability

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Ridzuan

Ive still got faith in the lad.I think he will become a better player in the future.

I agree dude. A manager who would give him a f****** bollocking for acting like a tard would help as well.

"STOP f****** ABOUT STEVEN YOU FANNY!"

"..oh..ok sorry..."

*Biiing* becomes best defender EVAR...

He will become a great player trust me and he will become the captain of England one day.And thats the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

Ive still got faith in the lad.I think he will become a better player in the future.

I agree dude. A manager who would give him a f****** bollocking for acting like a tard would help as well.

"..oh..ok sorry..."

He will become a great player trust me and he will become the captain of England one day.And thats the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

Captain of England? heh heh, nice one.

"..oh..ok sorry..."

Hah erm yeah i was agreeing about him becoming a better player thats for sure...but captain of england....

Thats one hell of a long shot....even if some stupid wrestler said so...."Stone Cold" is made of aids and fail....

Its not a joke.Its a dream which is going to become a reality soon.

He was awesome last night, wouldn't you agree?

Guest Ridzuan

With the exception of last night and the matches before it where he was poor.

What are you basing last night's assessment on btw? :lol:

What are you basing last night's assessment on btw? :lol:

And indeed other games?

Guest Invicta_Toon

so taylors a good prospect?

right, so how many more games do we have to lose before our faith pays off? how many more shitehouse seasons do we give him? This is not a fucking nursery club FFS

right, so how many more games do we have to lose before our faith pays off? how many more shitehouse seasons do we give him? This is not a f****** nursery club FFS

I think you are confusing Taylor with Bramble here

Guest Invicta_Toon

right, so how many more games do we have to lose before our faith pays off? how many more shitehouse seasons do we give him? This is not a f****** nursery club FFS

this thread is about taylor

it's already established fact that bramble is dogshit and will never come good

but we don't need any world class defenders do we? FFS

Lowest point of Taylor's career

Mar 16 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor called last night's UEFA Cup exit "the worst moment of my career."

Unlike some of his colleagues, the Geordie boy was clearly upset as he made his way out of the DSB Stadium following United's 2-0 defeat at the hands of AZ Alkmaar.

Taylor, of course, had been harshly penalised for the spot- kick that led to AZ's all-important second goal at St James's Park in the 4-2 win seven days earlier.

Last night he failed to cut out Danny Koevermans's cross for Shota Arveladze's opener and, as ITV went overboard to show, he could easily have been sent off for the use of an elbow on the AZ skipper.

But Taylor (pictured) was still willing to face the media and the music after the game and said: "We are all absolutely devastated - I don't think I've ever felt this low in my career.

"It's frustration more than anything. We came here with a two-goal lead, and losing that was a massive disappointment.

"We gave away two sloppy goals - it was as simple as that. We didn't shut the back door and keep a clean sheet.

"I'm absolutely gutted for the fans. They were fantastic all the way through the game, and we're sorry to let them down.

"We had a massive chance of doing well in this competition, and we've all got to hold our hands up."

United had set their sights on a clean sheet - with Roeder insisting his team did not need to score to progress - but their game plan went out of the window in the 14th minute when Arveladze poked the ball past Shay Given.

And Koevermans's textbook header sent Alkmaar through into today's UEFA Cup quarter-final draw.

Added Taylor: "There was a lot of frustration with the first goal, and the second one absolutely killed us.

"Things weren't going the way we wanted early in the game. It was more long ball, and we couldn't get our passing game going."

this thread is about taylor

it's already established fact that bramble is dogshit and will never come good

but we don't need any world class defenders do we? FFS

We need world class defenders but you are not right when you said  "how many more shitehouse seasons do we give him?"

He hasnt played as many seasons as you are saying

He is still 21 and i think you are too harsh on him

Isn't it about time that the myth that Steven Taylor is a top defender was finally blown.

I watched Taylor in our reserve team and he looked great at that level and also had the physical attributes to cut it at the highest level.

When he was introduced to the first team he looked a bit raw and had an occasional un-necessary thuggish side to his game but I hoped he would learn quickly.

Having watched him since he has not improved and although Bramble is usually made the scapegoat alongside Taylor even he looks good.

Taylor maintains the un-necesary thuggish side to his game which will cost his side dearly and it seems he cannot eliminate from his game.

He loses his man too often and loses out in critical areas. The penalty he conceded in the home leg was punishment for his habit of closing down with his arms at his side to make himself broader -another habit which will cost his side dearly. He was woeful for the first goal last night.

Talk of Taylor to Chelsea seems strange, on current form Taylor is more likely to make his living at Barnsley than Chelsea. Right now he looks no better than Steven Caldwell did at his age.

Still better than Shambles.

It doesn't matter whether or not he's better than Bramble.

What's your point? He's either good enough or isn't. Right now he isn't good enough regardless of what anybody thinks about Bramble.

Guest Ridzuan

Mar 16 2007

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor called last night's UEFA Cup exit "the worst moment of my career."

Unlike some of his colleagues, the Geordie boy was clearly upset as he made his way out of the DSB Stadium following United's 2-0 defeat at the hands of AZ Alkmaar.

Taylor, of course, had been harshly penalised for the spot- kick that led to AZ's all-important second goal at St James's Park in the 4-2 win seven days earlier.

Last night he failed to cut out Danny Koevermans's cross for Shota Arveladze's opener and, as ITV went overboard to show, he could easily have been sent off for the use of an elbow on the AZ skipper.

But Taylor (pictured) was still willing to face the media and the music after the game and said: "We are all absolutely devastated - I don't think I've ever felt this low in my career.

"It's frustration more than anything. We came here with a two-goal lead, and losing that was a massive disappointment.

"We gave away two sloppy goals - it was as simple as that. We didn't shut the back door and keep a clean sheet.

"I'm absolutely gutted for the fans. They were fantastic all the way through the game, and we're sorry to let them down.

"We had a massive chance of doing well in this competition, and we've all got to hold our hands up."

United had set their sights on a clean sheet - with Roeder insisting his team did not need to score to progress - but their game plan went out of the window in the 14th minute when Arveladze poked the ball past Shay Given.

And Koevermans's textbook header sent Alkmaar through into today's UEFA Cup quarter-final draw.

Added Taylor: "There was a lot of frustration with the first goal, and the second one absolutely killed us.

"Things weren't going the way we wanted early in the game. It was more long ball, and we couldn't get our passing game going."

What an honest lad,admitting his mistakes right after the match.He is not only a good player but a good person as well.Therefore,we should keep him for the future.

Mar 16 2007

What an honest lad,admitting his mistakes right after the match.He is not only a good player but a good person as well.Therefore,we should keep him for the future.

Ameobi is probably a nice lad. Carr may be a nice lad. Who gives a shit? It's what they do on the field that matters, not what they say off it.

Guest Ridzuan

Mar 16 2007

Ameobi is probably a nice lad. Carr may be a nice lad. Who gives a s***? It's what they do on the field that matters, not what they say off it.

The only difference is that Taylor is willing to learn from his mistakes and not repeat it again.

Taylor is never going to be John Terry, he doesn't have the brains, people need to accept this. He could become a decent to good defender with hard work, but there is no chance of him becoming the 'lynchpin' of our defence.

It is well known in Tyneside that Taylor is not a nice/good person. Though this is irrelevant to his football merits.

Guest Invicta_Toon

It is well known in Tyneside that Taylor is not a nice/good person. Though this is irrelevant to his football merits.

except when he thinks risking a red card is acceptable team play