NUFC players or England?

madras

Back to the original question: If NUFC had 5 players that played for Country X I would defnately support Country X in the Euros or World Cup strongly and would support that Country over my native national teams (Scotland & USA) as long as they did not have dodgy politics attached to them (like Serbia, NI, Iran, etc.).

I would always support my country above any other nation, regardless of who played for the opposition. Exactly the same as i wouldn't support Man Utd above Newcastle if the Mancs happened to field 5 Geordies and we fielded none.

... and therein lies the difference. I care significantly less about Scotland and the USA than I care about how NUFC performs and I imagine the majority on here do (edit: about their own respective Countries - I am well aware of the fact that the USA and especially Scotland are... loathed by the majority on here).

Convesely I never support ManUre even if they are the only british team in Europe... I just won't do it.

i don't see the need to have an "either club or country" attitude. I can love both, there is no conflict.

I will also support no other English team (British being irrelvant) in Europe - why would anyone do that? I don't support another European team if (when :( ) England get kicked out of a World Cup.

Back to the original question: If NUFC had 5 players that played for Country X I would defnately support Country X in the Euros or World Cup strongly and would support that Country over my native national teams (Scotland & USA) as long as they did not have dodgy politics attached to them (like Serbia, NI, Iran, etc.).

I would always support my country above any other nation, regardless of who played for the opposition. Exactly the same as i wouldn't support Man Utd above Newcastle if the Mancs happened to field 5 Geordies and we fielded none.

... and therein lies the difference. I care significantly less about Scotland and the USA than I care about how NUFC performs and I imagine the majority on here do (edit: about their own respective Countries - I am well aware of the fact that the USA and especially Scotland are... loathed by the majority on here).

Convesely I never support ManUre even if they are the only british team in Europe... I just won't do it.

i don't see the need to have an "either club or country" attitude. I can love both, there is no conflict.

I will also support no other English team (British being irrelvant) in Europe - why would anyone do that? I don't support another European team if (when :( ) England get kicked out of a World Cup.

not often i'll say this but I AGREE 100% WITH NORTHERN MONKEY about the bit in bold

not often i'll say this but I AGREE 100% WITH NORTHERN MONKEY about the bit in bold

Woo hoo!! A dream fulfilled! ;)

lets not go making a habit of it.

lets not go making a habit of it.

Neeeever going to happen.

Guest thenorthumbrian

this thought hit me cos of northern irelands good run,when i was younger i supported northern ireland cos we had players who played for them,cassidy,mcfaul,davey craig,then  dave mcreery then michael o'neill.one of my best nights watching international football was when they beat spain in the 82 world cup.

the question is,say nufc signed 5 dutch internationals and had no england players,all 5 dutchmen played against england,who would you support ?

I would go for the Dutch as inger-land mean nothing to me these days.

The thought of the baby bentley bling brigade winning a trophy doesn't mean a damn thing.

Dyer?

Yep, Dyer, Lampard, Ferdinand  and a few more I can't stand most of the overpaid -over-rated underachieving smug bastards who make up the inger-land team and I am not bothered if they never win another game.