GR has better games won on average than all the managers since KK

Guest nufc 4 life

If we're going to play the statistics game, I'm sure the stats will also show that his win ratio is quickly decreasing and that 7th place finish is looking more and more like the typical honeymoon period which managers experience in their first few weeks/months.

The "Racing and Football Outlook" has a ranking system for every side going back ten years.  Very detailed, and very good at highlighting when sides are improving or deteriorating.

The rankings end up with the top of the PL being roughly 970 points, the bottom being 820.

One of the things that is useful is the ability to look back and compare rankign from the past to today.

We are currently ranked as 10th best, with 874 points. We are in the middle of the middle group of 5 who are all essentially the same - Reading, Everton, us, Boro and Portsmouth.

If you go back and try and see how we were previously then the highest was at the end of last season when we were 890 points which then made us ~6th best. If you search back and try and find the last time we were at our current ranking it was 50 games ago, so towards the end of the Souness era. Essentially we are back where we started form when Roeder came in.

If we're going to play the statistics game, I'm sure the stats will also show that his win ratio is quickly decreasing and that 7th place finish is looking more and more like the typical honeymoon period which managers experience in their first few weeks/months.

Nothing in the "typical honeymoon period" came as a surprise, I was giving it as a reason to sack Souness.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/club_stats/default.stm

That says that since his appiontment on Feb 2nd 2006 he has won 50% of his games and taken 42.96% of all Premiership pionts on offer.

In the Premiership it says he's only won 17 out of 45 games. Statistics can prove anything. What if I said that this season he's lost 30% more games than he's won? It's not worth including all those intertoto games against Latvian teams and what-not.

Guest Verlaine

If you take away the time he was caretaker manager, Roeder is definitely lower than Keegan and Robson, and at times, he has had a lower win ratio than all post-keegan managers.

Classic. :lol: