Stephen Carr is bloody brilliant

Kitman

Can't believe people want to keep him after a couple of half decent performances!

He was never leaving anyway, was he? With all of the other signings we apparently will need to be making, finding a secondary right-back does not need to be added to that list. Roeder obviously loves him, as well.

I'm not sure if "want" is the right word, I don't think we have any choice in the matter.

We don't have a choice in any matter that is club business.  ;)

Nevertheless I wan't shot of Carr and Baba. If it is beyond Roeder to replace them, or if he has any amount of faith in them helping the club move forward, then that would be pretty disappointing in my eyes.

Thank you Captain Obvious :laugh:

The whole point was that I hadn't actually said I "wanted" to keep him, which is what Jon was narking about, I'm just accepting of the fact that there's more likelihood of him staying than quite a few others and he's not the worst option as a second-choice right back. All I'm saying is that Stephen Carr seems to be one of Roeder's favourites and his performances lately have proven that he is capable of playing to an acceptable level, when he pulls his finger out of his arse. He's one of my least favourite players, unsurprisingly, but I can stomach him staying as long as we strengthen other areas and as long as he doesn't get a look-in ahead of Solano. Having him as the "best available" support to BOTH fullback positions is a bit worrying like :lol:

Ramage has had periods of looking capable aswell :D

Anyone else just think of the moon from the mighty boosh when they read the thread title? :D

I don't think Ramage should be sold, either! He should just be 4th choice centre-half. Carr's actually been good recently I'd say, especially considering the teams we've played and the position he's played in. He's still a fucking runt like, regardless.