Dyer Captain

Crumpy Gunt

One of the worst performances I've seen by anyone this season. Shows the club no respect whats so ever. Should never have played never mind been captain.

If your reading this Martin Jol, he's class, please come and get him. £5 million? Cheers.

No smoke without fire.................. :(

Personally, I think there's too many obstacles with fee and salary for it ever to happen. :D

Dont squash our hopes... I am sure you could all have a whip round or something to help pay his wages.

Just do something to take him away from here.

But Roeder said: "I made Kieron Dyer captain for purely motivational reasons and when I told him his eyes lit up. It was a special moment for him.

"I thought he carried off the responsibility of being captain very well, even though a couple of vital aspects of the game went against him. He is an England player and an experienced player, and he was playing in a position on the pitch on Monday night in which he was in touch with the rest of the team.

"The majority of people do not understand Kieron Dyer. If you sit down with him he has a lot of football intelligence and has a good understanding of the game."

what a load of bollocks motivation my arse and the rest is bullshit too.if we had won it would have been relativly succesful.roeder keep ya mouth shut for fucks sake  :-[

I let boss down

May 2 2007

By Luke Edwards, The Journal

Kieron Dyer believes manager Glenn Roeder has shown he wants to keep him at Newcastle United by making him captain for the game at Reading on Monday night.

But the England international feels his performance did not do his manager justice as he insisted he had to take much of the blame for the 1-0 defeat. Dyer has been linked with a move to Tottenham in the last few days and, while the north London club do appear to be interested in signing him in the summer, the midfielder feels Roeder wants to keep him.

"There has been a lot of speculation about my future recently and of course I've seen it," said Dyer, who was captain in the absence of Scott Parker, Shay Given and Nicky Butt at the Madejski Stadium. "I've not heard anything, but I think the fact the manager gave me the captain's armband on Monday night shows he wants me to have a future at this club.

"I think it was his way of showing me that he wants me to stay. It's just a shame I didn't have a very good game.

"As for the Tottenham rumours, I've got nothing more to say about it." Dyer was just one of several Newcastle players to under-perform once again against Reading as the 1-0 defeat ended the club's slim chance of qualifying for the Intertoto Cup for a second successive season.

And the 28-year-old admitted he had to take a large amount of responsibility for Dave Kitson's second-half winner after he lost the ball in a dangerous position in the centre of midfield.

He said: "We've only got ourselves to blame and I have to take my share of that because their goal was down to me because I got caught dwelling on the ball. It wasn't a good captain's performance because I cost us the game. It was a miserable day.

"Reading is a hard place to go, but they didn't really create that much until I gave them that chance.

"We created chances, but we didn't take them. We have to do that if we're going to get results."

The return of the club's record signing, Michael Owen, was United's only real cause for optimism on Monday night as the former Real Madrid and Liverpool star looked quick and strong in his first start for the Magpies since New Year's Eve 2005.

While Dyer - like everyone at Newcastle - is thrilled to see him back, he also warned that they could not simply rely on him to put things right on his own as Newcastle failed to score for the eighth time in 11 games against the Royals.

Dyer added: "The one bonus was Michael getting a full 90 minutes. He looked strong and sharp, but it's going to take him a few games and we're not going to see the best of Michael Owen until next season.

"It will have done him good to get 90 minutes under his belt and you can already see what he will bring to the team because he was always playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

"He had a couple of borderline offside decisions which, on an other day, might have gone our way.

"But, while it's great to have Michael back, we can't expect him to work miracles. He is going to take a bit of time to get back to his best and it's up to the rest of us to help him. He can't do it all on his own."

Sounds like he wants out. Otherwise, in the circumstances, he'd have said he wanted to stay.