Butt to the Mackems ?

Guest TinoInHiding

Guest TinoInHiding

Hope not - it's bound to go tits  up for us...On the plus side, it puts into perspective the kind of signings the Mackems can afford -

Perhaps the Irish haven't got the money for Van Nistelroy, after all - despite what the deluded Mackems might think ;)

From the NOTW

KEANO TO BAG BUTT

EXCLUSIVE

By Gary Ward

ROY KEANE plans a £1 million move for his old Manchester United pal Nicky Butt this summer.

The Sunderland boss was knocked back by Newcastle when he moved for Butt before the start of the season.

But Butt, 32, will not be needed with the certain arrival of Steve Sidwell at the Toon and, with only a year left on his contract, they will let him go.

Offer

A Sunderland source said: "Roy knows Nicky's game inside out and really wants a midfielder with top experience. Roy believes he still has a lot to offer and knows a Sidwell-to-Newcastle deal could make it happen."

Keane has also targeted Northern Ireland striker David Healy, who will leave Leeds after their relegation.

But, knowing Leeds' desperate financial position, Keane will offer only £1m for the striker who hit 16 goals this season.

Would be sad to see him go, but its good business sense to get some money for him whilst we still can and replacing him with someone alot younger and for free.

Sidwell not being anywhere near as good defensively as Butt could be compensated for by improving the central defence.

Not really bothered if Butt leaves, I know he is many peoples player of the season but I still think he is average & one paced.

I want a DM midfielder who is basically a CB with better ball control, Butt nor Parker offer this. Most of these chaps seem to be African, I would not be signing any African players next year due to the fact they will miss approx 6 weeks of next season.

Not really bothered if Butt leaves, I know he is many peoples player of the season but I still think he is average & one paced.

I want a DM midfielder who is basically a CB with better ball control, Butt nor Parker offer this. Most of these chaps seem to be African, I would not be signing any African players next year due to the fact they will miss approx 6 weeks of next season.

Completely agree with you

He is 32 and will play no more then 2 years at this high level.He is getting slower and slower and its good business if we replace him with someone younger and who can add more creativity in the midfield.Obviosly thats not Sidwell

I would like to see Appiah here

Great engine,good technique,young=perfect for us