Guest smoggeordie

99-00 Div 1

00-01 Div 1

01-02 16th

02-03 8th

03-04 8th

04-05 6th

05-06 8th

Tbh my nan could make a Division one team into regular European candidates on a shoestring budget...

One finish higher than Roeder managed and nowhere near where SBR was sacked for finishing.

Fuckin hell why arent I doing carthweels.

That has to be one of the least thought about posts on this forum, and that's coming from me, who usually posts a load of shit.

To worry about unattractive football is pretty rich considering what we've seen recently, for several years in fact, I think SA knows what he's doing.

Didn't you know? We play like Brazil.

Guest Knightrider

Be happy? What and start pretending they play good football because they play in a similar fashion to two big clubs  :D

No, accept that only two clubs in this league play great football, the rest are a much of the same. Anyway, who gives a stuff about entertaining football, results are all that matters and until we are in a position to attract and have the people on board with the enterprise to go for a manager that will please everyone (then again there will still be some moaners even if we found such a manager) Big Sam is the best available option. Those knocking him can bleat all they want but his skill sets and what he has done at Bolton is evidence enough that he will in time sort us lot out. Maybe not to the OTT expectations or to some or those who harbour Arsenal like football, but he'll do a good job.

Guest smoggeordie

99-00 Div 1

00-01 Div 1

01-02 16th

02-03 8th

03-04 8th

04-05 6th

05-06 8th

Tbh my nan could make a Division one team into regular European candidates on a shoestring budget...

So why hasn't she done it then? :rolleyes:

Aint got the time between going to Tesco and feeding the squirrels.

Guest Nappy Rash

To worry about unattractive football is pretty rich considering what we've seen recently, for several years in fact, I think SA knows what he's doing.

Being worried about unattractive football is just one of the many things worrying.

But I suppose all you need is a collective group of idiots, most of whom dont go to the games, telling eachother that they dont play particularly bad football and its nowt compared to what we've served up recently.

Any evidence offered to the contrary makes the person an apologist for whomever and all salient points must be ignored and scorn will be piss poorly attempted  :-X

Guest Knightrider

Anyway you ran out of credit with Souness NR You don't like Big Sam and don't want him, tough. :D

Was their a kid called Ready Brek that used to come on here (it was some sort of cerial)? This lad reminds me of him. Might be wrong though.

Nope. This is Obi.

Guest Nappy Rash

No, accept that only two clubs in this league play great football, the rest are a much of the same. Anyway, who gives a stuff about entertaining football, results are all that matters and until we are in a position to attract and have the people on board with the enterprise to go for a manager that will please everyone (then again there will still be some moaners even if we found such a manager) Big Sam is the best available option. Those knocking him can bleat all they want but his skill sets and what he has done at Bolton is evidence enough that he will in time sort us lot out. Maybe not to the OTT expectations or to some or those who harbour Arsenal like football, but he'll do a good job.

Bollocks, Spuds play good football, Reading have and plenty others.

Entertaining football doesnt bother me in the slightest, its the bullshit rhetoric on here that they dont play shit football that these stats are for.

You can tell who's been trying their best to convince the idiots and the fools that have been fooled by the responses.

Allardyce is not the best available option at all, in any way, shape or form.

There are countless Managers either available or Managing teams / nations we should be able to attract, but if we dont try then we wont ever know.

Guest Knightrider

NR, who do you think we can get, if not Big Sam? Not who you want, we all know you want Souness back, with GR as DOF ;) Seriously though, who do you reckon we could attract/want the job and who would actually do a good job here?

Guest TheOrder

Was their a kid called Ready Brek that used to come on here (it was some sort of cerial)? This lad reminds me of him. Might be wrong though.

Nope. This is Obi.

Thats the cunt I was on about :clap:

Being worried about unattractive football is just one of the many things worrying.

But I suppose all you need is a collective group of idiots, most of whom dont go to the games, telling eachother that they dont play particularly bad football and its nowt compared to what we've served up recently.

Any evidence offered to the contrary makes the person an apologist for whomever and all salient points must be ignored and scorn will be piss poorly attempted  :-X

All I saw there was white noise. I've barely missed a home game for years not that it's relevant.

Guest Knightrider

Bollocks, Spuds play good football, Reading have and plenty others.

Entertaining football doesnt bother me in the slightest, its the bullshit rhetoric on here that they dont play shit football that these stats are for.

You can tell who's been trying their best to convince the idiots and the fools that have been fooled by the responses.

Allardyce is not the best available option at all, in any way, shape or form.

There are countless Managers either available or Managing teams / nations we should be able to attract, but if we dont try then we wont ever know.

Spurs can play good football I agree, but you look on Spurs boards and you'll find some moans about Dawson hitting it long to Lennon all the time, Robisnon hitting it long to whoever all the time, Jenas hitting it long and so on and so on. Reading don't play great football all the time either and we'll see how they play next season shall we. I seem to remember people saying lets get Jewell because Wigan play good football this time last year, they play crap football now though.

If you have someone else in mind as to who is the best available option, get texting Freddy.

Guest Nappy Rash

NR, who do you think we can get, if not Big Sam? Not who you want, we all know you want Souness back, with GR as DOF ;) Seriously though, who do you reckon we could attract/want the job and who would actually do a good job here?

:lol: Aye im an apologist, if you cant read and have the IQ of a common garden worm  :razz:

Sven is a better candidate and is available.

Hiddink is a better candidate as is Van Gaal and could surely be pursuaded.

If Allardyce has a shit start, or a shit middle, or a shit end to his first Year I guarantee these idiots on this very forum will start yet another head rolling campaign.

Repeating myself yet again, for the countless time in several Years, we need someone who's CV demands they're given time.

Guest Nappy Rash

Spurs can play good football I agree, but you look on Spurs boards and you'll find some moans about Dawson hitting it long to Lennon all the time, Robisnon hitting it long to whoever all the time, Jenas hitting it long and so on and so on. Reading don't play great football all the time either and we'll see how they play next season shall we. I seem to remember people saying lets get Jewell because Wigan play good football this time last year, they play crap football now though.

If you have someone else in mind as to who is the best available option, get texting Freddy.

Man Ure and Arsenal dont play great football all the time either, go on their message boards and you'll see idiots complaining, our club and Spuds and these cretins aren't mutually exclusive you do realise  :coolsmiley:

Guest Nappy Rash

That has to be one of the least thought about posts on this forum, and that's coming from me, who usually posts a load of s***.

I missed this, I take it consistency is your best trait  :uglystupid2:

Guest Knightrider

:lol: Aye im an apologist, if you cant read and have the IQ of a common garden worm  :razz:

Sven is a better candidate and is available.

Hiddink is a better candidate as is Van Gaal and could surely be pursuaded.

If Allardyce has a shit start, or a shit middle, or a shit end to his first Year I guarantee these idiots on this very forum will start yet another head rolling campaign.

Repeating myself yet again, for the countless time in several Years, we need someone who's CV demands they're given time.

Sven, whose last job paid him £5m a year, a man who failed to motivate a crop of players with the ability to win the World Cup, out of some kind of slumber that saw them go out of the competition as the worst performing team. The same Sven whose idea of football was err, the long ball game, in many of his games.  The same manager who spent a shit load at Lazio and would require big money. Aye right.

Hiddink and Van Gaal are both top managers who I'd have ahead of Big Sam but neither are available and wouldn't come to us, especiallu Hiddink who is being paid a shit load of money and will take over at Chelsea one day. Van Gaal has just signed a new contract and is being paid well, why would he leave Alkmaar for us when he has full control of that club and the adulation of fans? Furthermore can you honestly see Freddy going for those two? Sven maybe but if you think our football under Sam will be bad, you've obviously been akip these last few years while England have been pissfarting about all over the world, mind, it was that type of football, sent the world to sleep.

BTW people will only moan if they don't see any signs of progression. You exagerate things because Souness got plenty of support, on here too, but most of all where it matters - at SJP. You have to remember a forum is for venting your spleen and basically letting off steam, what gets posted on here hardly matters, it isn't as if Freddy or anyone important reads these message boards and goes "Oh no, posters are saying horrible things about the manager, quick sack him".

I didn't like Souness mate and knew it would end in tears but I thought fuck it, he's the manager, gets my support and all that. At least with Big Sam I'm confident and hopeful he'll do a good job and I think deep down you'll reckon he will too, or is capable.

Guest Nappy Rash

Sven, whose last job paid him £5m a year, a man who failed to motivate a crop of players with the ability to win the World Cup, out of some kind of slumber that saw them go out of the competition as the worst performing team. The same Sven whose idea of football was err, the long ball game, in many of his games.  The same manager who spent a s*** load at Lazio and would require big money. Aye right.

Hiddink and Van Gaal are both top managers who I'd have ahead of Big Sam but neither are available and wouldn't come to us, especiallu Hiddink who is being paid a s*** load of money and will take over at Chelsea one day. Van Gaal has just signed a new contract and is being paid well, why would he leave Alkmaar for us when he has full control of that club and the adulation of fans? Furthermore can you honestly see Freddy going for those two? Sven maybe but if you think our football under Sam will be bad, you've obviously been akip these last few years while England have been pissfarting about all over the world, mind, it was that type of football, sent the world to sleep.

BTW people will only moan if they don't see any signs of progression. You exagerate things because Souness got plenty of support, on here too, but most of all where it matters - at SJP. You have to remember a forum is for venting your spleen and basically letting off steam, what gets posted on here hardly matters, it isn't as if Freddy or anyone important reads these message boards and goes "Oh no, posters are saying horrible things about the manager, quick sack him".

I didn't like Souness mate and knew it would end in tears but I thought f*** it, he's the manager, gets my support and all that. At least with Big Sam I'm confident and hopeful he'll do a good job and I think deep down you'll reckon he will too, or is capable.

Sven who is a much better Manager, absolutely, look at his CV.

Allardyce was turned down for the England Managers job in favour of a bloke generally considered a muppet, non?

We can attract the top players, how come we cant attract the top Managers? Surely this is more of a challenge than bloody Russia or Az and as you point out (rather hypocritically) Newcastle love throwing money at people right.

International football is pants 99% of the time, very rare you see a good game so its a futile point.

People will moan about anything and everything, they'll look for excuses as is always the case, take Carr for example, he has a good game and people refuse to accept it because he's the new scapegoat (for reasons, granted, but that'll make me a Carr apologist now no doubt).

Its more to do with these "Easy" chanting gimps gathering around the players entrance after the game isnt it.

No c*** liked Souness, you either blamed him for anything and everything and said we were relegation material (despite being closer to Europe) or you were an apologist on here, no middle ground because of the exact reasons mentioned.

Guest Nappy Rash

How were we closer to Europe than relegation when Souness went?

Its no wonder you're a failed and flawed writer, simple comprehension is a must  :uglystupid2:

How were we closer to Europe than relegation when Souness went?

Its no wonder you're a failed and flawed writer, simple comprehension is a must  :uglystupid2:

That's twice you've said that to me, I think you've got me confused with someone else, I haven't the foggiest what you're on about.

I'll ask you again: how were we closer to Europe than relegation when Souness went?

Guest Nappy Rash

That's twice you've said that to me, I think you've got me confused with someone else, I haven't the foggiest what you're on about.

I'll ask you again: how were we closer to Europe than relegation when Souness went?

Shall I confuse you for a third time because its relevant still?

Shall I confuse you for a third time because its relevant still?

Is answering a simple question beyond you? I'll put the points up at the time if you like.