Bond hits out at Toon hypocrisy

Guest Ridzuan

Guest LucaAltieri

I've no idea why Bond was sacked, tbh. The Panorama thing seemed like a smokescreen at the time. Maybe he was just a wanker?

I have also thought it may have been just a fortunate excuse, we didn't waste much time over it!

Possibly. If he's been good at his job would we have clung on to him anyway? Probably.

Anyway, if I remember right there was more incriminating stuff from Bond than Allardyce. Allardyce may have just had an arsehole for a son, whereas Bond seemed to imply that he personally (and 'arry) would take the cash if there was any going. There was nothing so clearcut that could be pinned on Allardyce snr himself.

Come to think of it, I would love to see Bond come and complain about the hefty wages he got paid at Newcastle for being Roeder's mate while squawking like a parrot on Panorama about shady dealings. I would indeed like to see him explain who was morally bankrupt in this case...

Guest Morph

Because it's not enough

Now we're growing up

We are giving up

We are moving on

Because its not enough

We were growing up

We are giving up

And I won't hear what you say so...

Bond was the only figure on the Panoram coverage openly discussing the sweeteners that he and Harry were going to get. Freddy Shepherd requested to see all the unedited coverage prior to the documentary being shown, and he must have been satisfied with what he had seen that there was a case against Bond.

Guest Toon83

Kevin Bond was sacked because he was shite and did absolutely nothing for the club, ala Terry Mac.

Freddy was looking for an excuse to get rid of him and this was the perfect excuse

Just a case of jelousy on the part of Bond, big Sam will be cleared

Guest Invicta_Toon

IIRC the club officially gave no statement whatsoever about Bond's termination (less than two lines on the official site) and this was precisely because any reason given would have given Bond a great case against the club, and as it was, he was within the period when you don't have to give any reason for letting someone go.