Beckham for England

Guest smoggeordie

As much as i hate to say it he deserves to be back

Almost like a movie for the Beckham fan boys, England remove him from the line-up, they go on a misrable run of results, and now the "hero" will return to save his nation, i am sure he's going to score a 93 min winner against Brazil :(

As much as i hate to say it he deserves to be back

Almost like a movie for the Beckham fan boys, England remove him from the line-up, they go on a misrable run of results, and now the "hero" will return to save his nation, i am sure he's going to score a 93 min winner against Brazil :(

How will that help us qualify for the European Championships?  :lol:

sign of the times i think we all need to take a reality check beckham isn't the player he once was and has gone tail between the legs off to america to have a nice big pay day while the twiggy wife tries to get her carear going AGAIN. While we all loved the guy in his day I would rather aim for mcclaren (or whoever takes over his job) stick with the younger lads.

Beckham should have been dropped, but he shouldn't have been left out McClaren's call-ups.

It was the easy thing to do at the time, Beckham coming in for a lot of criticism, Sven was criticised for not dropping star players, team picked itself etc. McClaren dropped Beckham for his own gains without any real thought for the future in my opinion to try and create a sense that he is a manager who won't take any crap.

The media will have a field day if he recalls Beckham. Funny how in recent England games there were chants for Beckham to be recalled when it was only a few months previous most England fans were on his back :laugh:

Yup, publicity stunt really. Should have dropped him from the team not squad. and like someone aaid, the real issue is dropping either Gerrard or Lampard and he's hidden from it, should blatently be Lampard though.