Mido...

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mido is leaving Spurs this summer, just been reported on SSN. Would you take the gamble?

I would, I believe Sam would take no s*** and put him on a diet regime etc... He's still very talented.

One year deal maybe? Worth a punt.

He is not worth a punt.  Trust me.  MJ's biggest mistake since he joined Spurs (and he's made a few) was talking Levy into believing Mido had changed his ways.

Mido is a very very very very good player when fit. The problem is he's hardly ever fit and he keeps putting on weight. If Allardyce can sort him out you will have a excellent player with bags of potential.

Oh and Mido's atitude at spurs was first class tbh so i doubt you'd get any problems with him.

Mido is a very very very very good player when fit. The problem is he's hardly ever fit and he keeps putting on weight. If Allardyce can sort him out you will have a excellent player with bags of potential.

Oh and Mido's atitude at spurs was first class tbh so i doubt you'd get any problems with him.

Are you pissed??  Didn't you ever wonder why Mido never played? 

hmmmm coz Berbatov was better?

OK, I'll put it another way.  Berbatov was never rotated, he was always starting, even when it was patently obvious he was knackered.  Defoe was always on the bench to replace Keane, why wasn't Mido on the bench to replace Berbatov?  Because every week Mido would train until Thursday and then say he had picked up an injury, that's why.  He even cleared off back to Egypt half way though the season! 

Bollocks. I take it you got this rubbish from the pathetic Itk's?. Mido was not picked because:

1) Berbatov was better

2) Jol probably just wanted 1 sub striker on the bench

3) Mido's been injured for a while

1)  Correct.  Far better tbh.

2)  Then why always Defoe or Keane?  Why never Mido?

3) There hasn't been an injury most of the time and certainly not at the end of the season when we needed him to give some help to his teammates.  Mido said he would play if he started, when he was named on the bench, he declared an injury. 

Yes ITK's have told me that.  I've also heard it in the players lounge in the course of the season as well.  I still can't believe that you'd want him to stay.

Mido's s****, couldnt get at game at spuds, hasnt set the prem on light, isnt much of a goal scorer, 4th choice striker yes, but not on the money he'll want. Honestly rather have Ameobi and Carroll than him, with Owen n Martins are the first two. (Obviously i'd love us to sign somebody good enough to be our 3rd striker ahead of Shola, but dunno how likely it is to happen - Fatty Viduka?)

baring in mind martins will disappear to the african nations this season we may rely on shola more than some would like

Ameobi is still a better option than Mido.

Mido's s****, couldnt get at game at spuds, hasnt set the prem on light, isnt much of a goal scorer, 4th choice striker yes, but not on the money he'll want. Honestly rather have Ameobi and Carroll than him, with Owen n Martins are the first two. (Obviously i'd love us to sign somebody good enough to be our 3rd striker ahead of Shola, but dunno how likely it is to happen - Fatty Viduka?)

baring in mind martins will disappear to the african nations this season we may rely on shola more than some would like

shola will always be a good back up and i recon he realises that, if we dont sign any strikers in the summer (can see us signing some unheard of 6ft 5 african player personally) I can see why people are intrested in mido I wouldn't go near him but can see him staying in the prem

Guest Triglett

Mido IS a big risk for any club thinking about taking him on. The 'ITKs' insist that he's had every sort of dispute possible with the staff, while the official word is that he's injured at the moment - a claim which has been made for much of the last season and a half. Either way, it's not good.

Still, absolutely no doubts about him as a player, although some people reckon it's no coincidence he was at his best when he had a contract to fight for.  I suppose he's limited in that he's not that mobile and doesn't have a particularly good 'football brain', but he is a very able box striker. Because we have no left side and very little width, most of our play goes through the middle and the front men, something which Mido can't really cope with  (his main function before Berbatov was the strong target man to retain or knock on long balls). Get the crosses in, and Mido will do the job...if you look at most of his goals last season, the assists came from Lennon crossing the ball from out wide...again, from the goals I can remember this season, West Ham was a Davids ball from the left, Southend was Lennon from the right, and Arsenal in the CC was a deep Jenas freekick from the right. Like I said, a very effective player if you use him right.

shola will always be a good back up and i recon he realises that, if we dont sign any strikers in the summer (can see us signing some unheard of 6ft 5 african player personally) I can see why people are intrested in mido I wouldn't go near him but can see him staying in the prem

He nearly went to Citeh in January but Pearce was in charge then, so I guess the new man will have more sense.  Personally, I think he will go abroad, mainly because I find it hard to envisage anyone in the premiership signing him.

His stats by the way are:

Appearances  12 (including 5 as sub)

Shots                9

Goals                1

Assists              0

Offside              10

Fouls committed  18

Yellow Cards      4

Nuff said really.  The only player in the last 3 years that Spurs will make a significant loss on.  Bought for £4m, will go for £1.5/2m maybe.

Nuff said really.  The only player in the last 3 years that Spurs will make a significant loss on.  Bought for £4m, will go for £1.5/2m maybe.

for those sorts of prices thats the main reason why I can see him staying in the prem signing for a newly promoted team or one of the smaller clubs who think they can get him doing as well in his first two seasons

Mido IS a big risk for any club thinking about taking him on. The 'ITKs' insist that he's had every sort of dispute possible with the staff, while the official word is that he's injured at the moment - a claim which has been made for much of the last season and a half. Either way, it's not good.

Still, absolutely no doubts about him as a player, although some people reckon it's no coincidence he was at his best when he had a contract to fight for.  I suppose he's limited in that he's not that mobile and doesn't have a particularly good 'football brain', but he is a very able box striker. Because we have no left side and very little width, most of our play goes through the middle and the front men, something which Mido can't really cope with  (his main function before Berbatov was the strong target man to retain or knock on long balls). Get the crosses in, and Mido will do the job...if you look at most of his goals last season, the assists came from Lennon crossing the ball from out wide...again, from the goals I can remember this season, West Ham was a Davids ball from the left, Southend was Lennon from the right, and Arsenal in the CC was a deep Jenas freekick from the right. Like I said, a very effective player if you use him right.

But in addition to using him right, his head has to be right as well.  He wants to be seen as a starter, not a squad player.  When he was on loan, he was THE big striker and played well when starting.  When he was on the bench, he was a different kettle of fish.  This season he has been behind Berbatov and Mido has been a problem with his attitude all season long.

for those sorts of prices thats the main reason why I can see him staying in the prem signing for a newly promoted team or one of the smaller clubs who think they can get him doing as well in his first two seasons

You may be right.  I just have a hunch that he may return to Italy, not with any strong belief, just a feeling.

Guest Triglett

But in addition to using him right, his head has to be right as well.  He wants to be seen as a starter, not a squad player.  When he was on loan, he was THE big striker and played well when starting.  When he was on the bench, he was a different kettle of fish.  This season he has been behind Berbatov and Mido has been a problem with his attitude all season long.

Well, like I said, I don't know the facts. I can only judge him as a player -  but there's been very little chance to do that this season, simply because he's not played anywhere near enough in the right condition, for whatever reason. I do think there's some truth in him having fitness issues though, which was especially evident when he was forced to play at the start of the season when Berbatov was injured. That would be more of a concern for me, rather than these apparent attitude problems - something I don't think you could draw from his appearances on the pitch.

And I don't think Mido came here thinking he would be a starter, considering we'd just spent £11m on Berbatov, a player we'd upped our interest in when Mido started 'playing up' last season after the ACN. Mido was somewhat of a last day panic buy. He didn't even come here on loan initally as someone who was obviously brought in for the first team, with Kanoute doing well until he thought it'd be best not to turn up for an important pre-season tour, and promptly sold.

I honestly don't think he'd have had a problem if he'd played 30 games this season, but that's not been possible due to Berbatov's season and his own injury/behind the scenes problems.

Guest dr_football

As and Arab,i am 100% against getting him here, unless you want this fourm to be filled with Mido fans boys, ask KingDawson or Martin Jol about the Spuds fourms these days (Why else would they be posting here)

+ he is just good, we can get better, his attitude will mean he will be out of our team in a year, and he's s*** at the moment..

I guess u have a problem with me already posting here before we even sign him!!

As and Arab,i am 100% against getting him here, unless you want this fourm to be filled with Mido fans boys, ask KingDawson or Martin Jol about the Spuds fourms these days (Why else would they be posting here)

+ he is just good, we can get better, his attitude will mean he will be out of our team in a year, and he's s*** at the moment..

Not really, Unless your going to say stuff like "He's better then Drogba" and "He's the best player we have" etc..

Spurs deal was big mistake - Mido 

Striker Mido believes he should not have joined Spurs on a permanent deal.

The 24-year-old had spent 18 months on loan from Roma before opting to commit to Tottenham a year ago.

The Egypt international made only seven league starts this season, with injury and competition from other strikers hampering his first-team chances.

"I am not happy at Spurs. I made a big mistake when I signed permanently. I know this could result in problems," he told Egyptian television.

Mido had been linked with a move to Celta Vigo last season and was close to signing for Manchester City last January.

But he opted to stay with the north London club and re-assess his future in the summer

+ Ghaly throwing the Tottenham shirt on the ground at white hart line, both legeneds tbh :D

Guest dr_football

Not really, Unless your going to say stuff like "He's better then Drogba" and "He's the best player we have" etc..

hehe.. dont worry about that! Mido isnt a legend for Egyptians like the media portrays! we all know about his problems. but tbh i believe he is just a super sensitive guy who gives everything to the team and he gets so frustrated for not playing so easily and go loosing his temper (especially when it happens after an injury and he get lots of them!)

he is a useful big man any team can have and definitly better talent than shola . But i think Shola is very valuable as he provides a cover with no off the field problems and moaning. He would be in the bench and still frustration dont turn him into a mad man like Mido.

Guest graemeh72

nah - i don't like any of her albums - the one with Faithless was ok, but the rest is crap

Guest BooBoo

nah - i don't like any of her albums - the one with Faithless was ok, but the rest is crap

Bloody hell man!

hehe.. dont worry about that! Mido isnt a legend for Egyptians like the media portrays! we all know about his problems. but tbh i believe he is just a super sensitive guy who gives everything to the team and he gets so frustrated for not playing so easily and go loosing his temper (especially when it happens after an injury and he get lots of them!)

he is a useful big man any team can have and definitly better talent than shola . But i think Shola is very valuable as he provides a cover with no off the field problems and moaning. He would be in the bench and still frustration dont turn him into a mad man like Mido.

Fair post imo..

There was a point last season where he looked a good target man - big, strong, good in the air, decent on the deck, good left foot, held the ball up well, did all the donkey work up front. If he had kept that form up, then by all means, go for him.

But hes looked dogshiite in the past year. Slow, different wavelength to his teamates, no effort, regularly injured, technique to rival Shola.

Hope we stay well clear, even for a free transfer.