Blades: We aren't playing in the Football League.......(until dispute is sorted)

Guest smoggeordie

Guest sittingontheball

Why does the timing of the punishment make any difference? Other than the league bottling the decision, I don't see why West Ham could not be docked points late in the season or even now. W ham not broke the rules and got themselves into this mess, so I can't see how they could complain about being punished at an inconvenient time.

Why does the timing of the punishment make any difference? Other than the league bottling the decision, I don't see why West Ham could not be docked points late in the season or even now. W ham not broke the rules and got themselves into this mess, so I can't see how they could complain about being punished at an inconvenient time.

I feel that IF they are docked points it will make little difference to the plight of the other relegated teams will see them starting on some minus points, by which time they will have used their backing to buy better players and play their way out of trouble. This whole thing is very embarrasing for both westham and the FA