£270m over 5 years to win the EPL & CL

Dokko

Guest optimistic nit

We shouldn't get too carried away over these reports, Villa, Pompey and just about every club that has been taken over have all had stories of massive spending thrown at them and with the exception of Chelsea, not many go on a spending blitz. Easy copy for the papers and for Ashley himself, good PR in his fight to takeover the club. Treat such stories with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, money has never been an issue here at United and I'd rather we didn't go down the same path as Chelsea and buy success because I believe you can do it the proper way with via good management and planning.

Big Sam needs 3-5 years regardless and I'd be disappointed if he was peddled after a year because he didn't deliver European football or a trophy. We need to look at the bigger picture here, foundations first, then look towards success. You can have success without foundations of course but it won't last. Get the foundations laid however and success will always be within reach and consistently too.

aye but look what we've done in the last 3 years. if we did the same as villa and pompey i would be over the moon, and our marginally increased status would mean we could hopefully surpass them.

i'm not getting too excited personally, but things are looking better than they were thats for sure.