Big Sam a few weeks on...

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The former Bolton boss, who has already raided the Reebok for head of sports science and medicine, Mark Taylor, and is also keen to take his former performance director, Mike Forde, to Newcastle, is in the middle of a whirlwind week on transfer activity.

Good stuff if true. blueyes.gif

Guest Knightrider

I think we're waiting for the whole takeover thing to pass before we start making public new signings/changes to backroom staff. The fact the club are advertising for new staff in the sports science sector indicates we already have the people in to heade these areas of the club.

I wanted him as our manager, and his press conference when he was unveiled was massively encouraging. Even though i had faith in him as a very good manager, he has really surprised me the way he has gone about business in this last week.  Two players in the bag already by the looks of it and quality ones at that. Our first signing last summer was in July, and our next signing didn't come until August. Massively impressive.

Guest Knightrider

£70k a week for Barton?  ??? That is absolutely fucking mental if true.

And you believe that? I don't, 45-50K max.

Guest Kayleigh

I had faith in him from the beginning, but the way he's going about things has way exceeded my expectations so far - I think I had actually forgotten what it was like to have someone competent in charge - for the first time in years, everything being said and done by the club makes perfect sense.

Long may it continue!

:clap:

totally agree

£70k a week for Barton?  ??? That is absolutely f****** mental if true.

And you believe that? I don't, 45-50K max.

That's what I would've thought, just hope that he didn't use West Ham's silly money offer to bargain us up.

I felt that he was a good appointment for us at the time. I knew he would be a vast improvement on the previous two.

More than anything I have been impressed with deceiciveness and assurrance in the way he seems to be embarking on transfers and the way he talks about players or decisions.

Lets wait to see them playing though.