Highest Wage Bill in Football

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Reading that Edmilson command £80000 a week got me thinking about how large Barcas wage bill is considering Edmilson is an average Barca player.

Than i started to consider who has the highest wage bill in world football, so i came up with a top ten:

1) Chelsea

2) Barca

3) Man U

4) Real

5) Inter Milan

6) AC Milan

7) Arsenal

8 Liverpool

9) Newcastle

10) Bayern

Discuss!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sorry couldnt have made myself clear in the original post. This is what i am guessing, and i am offering you the chance to give your guess if you want to.

I am going on what i think players are on

Reading that Edmilson command £80000 a week got me thinking about how large Barcas wage bill is considering Edmilson is an average Barca player.

Than i started to consider who has the highest wage bill in world football, so i came up with a top ten:

1) Chelsea

2) Barca

3) Man U

4) Real

5) Inter Milan

6) AC Milan

7) Arsenal

8 Liverpool

9) Newcastle

10) Bayern

Discuss!

This is your own guesswork, isn't it??

I think you should be able to find the actual standings somewhere.

Do that and then we can discuss (and be disgusted of) how much Newcastle are overpaying their players..

Btw I don't think you'd find the Milans and Bayern that high.. There's not very high salaries in Germany and italy iirc..

Discuss!

Btw I don't think you'd find the Milans and Bayern that high.. There's not very high salaries in Germany and italy iirc..

Not sure i go along with you there.

Not only are Bayern and Milan renown for paying big wages, in comparison to England i believe taking their tax systems into account they are up there with the top 5 in England

Not sure i go along with you there.

Not only are Bayern and Milan renown for paying big wages, in comparison to England i believe taking their tax systems into account they are up there with the top 5 in England

I think you're right..

I must have thought of the fact that their respective tax systems doesn't allow them to offer the players that much money (after taxes). But that certainly doesn't mean they don't payout as much, they might even pay more because of it.

Sorry, my bad. But in my own defence, I did write an 'iirc' (which I didn't).

Barca don't pay really high wages, never have. Ronaldinho is the highest by a mile and he's on the same as Owen. Neither do Madrid - all the Galacticos were on 73k a week.

Arsenal should be right behind Man U on the list because their wage bill is virtually the same.

Barca don't pay really high wages, never have. Ronaldinho is the highest by a mile and he's on the same as Owen. Neither do Madrid - all the Galacticos were on 73k a week.

Arsenal should be right behind Man U on the list because their wage bill is virtually the same.

Apparently joe average Edmilson is on £80kpw.

I also reckon WHU wage bill will be higher than ours now, i'm not sure but i think we were 6th highest in the league (with a surprise team between us and the big4) when the report came out several months ago. I'd say its gone down from that now & WHU will easily take that spot.

My total guess would be:

1: Chelsea

2: Inter

3: Manu

4: Madrid

5: Barca

6: Liverpool

7: Arsenal

8: Bayern

9: Juventus

10: Roma

11: WHU

12: Valencia

13: That other EPL team

14: Some German team

15: Lyon

16: NUFC

Says who? The media?

Chelsea - £114m

Manchester Utd - £85m

Arsenal - £83m

Liverpool - £69m

Newcastle Utd - £52m

Despite the huge sums floating around English football, only 9 clubs actually made a profit for the year, with wages, which far exceeded their European counterparts, accounting for a huge share of the wealth generated.

The total wage bill in Italy was 35% below the English level at 806m euros (£548m) while clubs in the Spain's La Liga spent739m euros (£502m) on player wages.

Guest optimistic nit

just because he asked for 80K to come to us, it doesn't mean that he's on 80K at barca. should be much less imo. spain pay lower wages than england anyway, this is common knowlage. i put edmilson on no more than 45K a week, probably less.

Did he actually say he wanted 80k or is this made up bullshit as usual? Either way he's on nowhere near 80k a week at Barca  :lol: There's probably no more than 3 players who are.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Why is it important? Doesnt bother me how much players are on unless they are producing the goods

Why is it important? Doesnt bother me how much players are on unless they are producing the goods

I didn't say it was "Important"... I said "I loved the fact in a bizarre way"

I also never mentioned wages...the link covers other things.

To think we are the finance terms the 13th biggest football club in the world is "Bizzarre" considering our lack of success as far as collecting a major trophy. Their summary that is mainly down to the fanbase says a lot for us and something to be proud of.

Found it  :coolsmiley:

http://www.deloitte.co.uk/RegistrationForms/PDFs/DeloitteFootballMoneyLeague2007.pdf

Barcelona - £75.8m which puts them behind Arsenal.

Hope Ashley has read this:

Newcastle have not taken part in the Champions League since

2002/03. Although this has not had a significant impact on

Newcastle’s Money League position its revenues have suffered. In

2003/04, Newcastle were one place behind Liverpool with €2.9m

(£2.0m) separating the clubs. The difference is now three places and

€51.7m (£35.7m). Champions League football needs to return to

Newcastle for them to break into the Money League top ten. This

does not look likely before the 2008/09 season at the earliest.

Well, I'm optimistic.

And Deloitte wrote that in february before big Sam and mighty Mike came aboard.

Aye, but their meaning is from a purely technical standpoint: it's actually impossible for us to qualify for the CL until 2008-09.