Rijkard Sacked At Barca

Crumpy Gunt

And Arnor Gudjohnsen appointed with immediate effect. Or so it seems!

Arnor Gudjohnsen told the BBC that:

"A lot of clubs are interested in Eidur.

"But he is determined to prove himself at Barca. He would compliment Henry because they play differently.

"I don't think the forward partnership of Samuel Eto'o and Henry would work as well.

"Eidur can drop deep and play off Henry, which I think would work much better.

"Eidur is away on holiday now and he has not been in contact with any clubs. He is planning to meet up with his Barcelona team-mates for pre-season later in July," he said.

"Although he wants to stay, I don't know what Barcelona's intentions are."

I wonder what his preferred central midfield will be?

why you say that at the top about gudjohnson?

you missed the top bit off so stop sending a rumour about!

Eidur Gudjohnsen is determined to fight for his place at Barcelona despite reports linking him with a £4.5m move to Newcastle, according to his father.

Arnor Gudjohnsen, who also acts as his agent, said the striker would be keen to form a partnership with new £16.1m signing Thierry Henry next season.

"A lot of clubs are interested in Eidur," Gudjohnsen told BBC Sport.

"But he is determined to prove himself at Barca. He would complement Henry because they play differently."

He added: "I don't think the forward partnership of Samuel Eto'o and Henry would work as well.

Although Eidur wants to stay - I don't know what Barcelona's intentions are

Arnor Gudjohnsen

"Eidur can drop deep and play off Henry, which I think would work much better."

Earlier, reports suggested that representatives from Newcastle were in Barcelona to negotiate a deal with the club's Brazilian midfielder Edmilson and the 28-year-old Iceland international.

Gudjohnsen played under Magpies boss Sam Allardyce when they were both at Bolton, before the forward moved to Chelsea in 2000 where he spent six years.

He moved to the Nou Camp in June 2006 for £8m, but failed to cement a regular place in the starting XI last season.

Last month, the forward suggested he was keen on a return to Britain, in particular Manchester United, if Barca were to sell him.

The player's father said there had not been negotiations with any clubs, although he added he was unsure as to whether his son featured in Barcelona's plans for next season.

"Eidur is away on holiday now and he has not been in contact with any clubs. He is planning to meet up with his Barcelona team-mates for pre-season later in July," he said.

why you say that at the top about gudjohnson?

you missed the top bit off so stop sending a rumour about!

Eidur Gudjohnsen is determined to fight for his place at Barcelona despite reports linking him with a £4.5m move to Newcastle, according to his father.

Arnor Gudjohnsen, who also acts as his agent, said the striker would be keen to form a partnership with new £16.1m signing Thierry Henry next season.

"A lot of clubs are interested in Eidur," Gudjohnsen told BBC Sport.

"But he is determined to prove himself at Barca. He would complement Henry because they play differently."

He added: "I don't think the forward partnership of Samuel Eto'o and Henry would work as well.

Although Eidur wants to stay - I don't know what Barcelona's intentions are

Arnor Gudjohnsen

"Eidur can drop deep and play off Henry, which I think would work much better."

Earlier, reports suggested that representatives from Newcastle were in Barcelona to negotiate a deal with the club's Brazilian midfielder Edmilson and the 28-year-old Iceland international.

Gudjohnsen played under Magpies boss Sam Allardyce when they were both at Bolton, before the forward moved to Chelsea in 2000 where he spent six years.

He moved to the Nou Camp in June 2006 for £8m, but failed to cement a regular place in the starting XI last season.

Last month, the forward suggested he was keen on a return to Britain, in particular Manchester United, if Barca were to sell him.

The player's father said there had not been negotiations with any clubs, although he added he was unsure as to whether his son featured in Barcelona's plans for next season.

He wasn't being serious man.

Guest niina

;D

His father act as if he is his manager at Barca, that's what Grumpy C want to say.

I agree, fuck off, Arnor  :angel:

Funny how he wanted to leave when he thought Man Utd were interested.

He never said he wanted to leave, that interview where he states that he would be interested in a move to Man U was made up.

Guest alex

Funny how he wanted to leave when he thought Man Utd were interested.

He would leave to go to Man Utd but not to come here? I can't say I blame him if that's the case.