Liverpool planning for the future

Martin Lol

We've heard this all before when Houllier brought in a load of youngsters...

And if the rest of them are as bad as the Levski Sofia goalie they signed then they'll have trouble playing for Blackpool, nevermind Liverpool

Your boys will do okay if the following is to go by

Everton manager David Moyes is ready to make his mark on the transfer market with £17million-worth of deals for Phil Jagielka, Alan Smith, Kieran Richardson and Jason Koumas.

Is that sarcasm?

That story is spot on according to the "ITK" and I feel like crying. What a complete waste of money.

I remember seeing an interview with Moyes and he was saying how he hates having to deal in the transfer market, I bet your lot do too if that's the best he can up with! :lol:

My only conclusion is that we have no scouts or their passports have all run out.

Fucking hell. Not one of those players improves of our first eleven, except maybe Jagielka. And he's just a utility player anyway.

£17m spent and not one real quality player? What a fucking joke. I'm so pissed off with this.

Rafa is just showing us how it shouldn't be done. Since June 2006 Rafa has signed 18 foreign youth players, and i'll eat my face if Rafa has real plans for all of them. All he's doing is signing players and hoping one of them will turn out good. He's taken the scattergun approach, not the smart one. IMO foreign kids should only be signed if we have real plans for them, like with Krul and Zog.

I'd heard that Everton had no real money to spend this summer? If, and it's a big if, £17m is spent as indicated there it'll be a real shame for them. Bought very well last summer, a couple of class players and they would be up there with Spurs. Maybe we can have one of Yobo/Lescott/Arteta to get earn them some money back :lol:

we should be trawling through talent in romania, and poland.  They are the 2 biggest EEU countries and ones where the people grow to more than dwarf height.

Hungary has good players too, but they dont come for chicken feed, for grannys farm type prices.

i can't believe they signed Niki Mihailov.. he's not only a dreadful keeper but he's known in Bulgaria as the night club bling fucker type.. i recall him being fined several times for partying late before a game, crashing his A8 drunk, skipping training sessions etc.. a right prick.. his father and grandfather were 2 of the best keepers the country ever produced, but this guy is a disgrace to the family name..he is hated by every single one of his own team's fans, which is quite an achievement for a 20 year old keeper who rarely got a game in the bulgarian league..

you should search you tube for his Paul Robinson-esque blunders.. i'm 100% sure Rafa Benitez hasn't seen him play, because i don't ever recall him having a good game for the first team.. it was clear he was being kept at the club and picked up for the u21s only because of his father's influence..

Guest newcastledon

We should get a proper feeder club somewhere...

Hibernian in Scotland would be a good shout, they are constantly producing talent. They play some very good passing football and try and grow their players

Recent players to have left Hibs include Gary Caldwell, Scott Brown, Derek Riordan (All Celtic players now), Ian Murray, Kevin Thomson (Both Rangers) and Garry O'Connor (Birmingham)

They got some good talents at the moment including Lewis Stevenson and Steven Whittaker.

From what I believe they are improving their youth facilities also

As far as Liverpool getting in all those youth players, at the rate the English teams are snapping up foreign youth your National Team is going to be screwed in a few years...

Guest king harry

Torres has passed his medical and has signed for 30 million euro, so basically it works out at 16.5 million plus luis Garcia.