The Asian Cup

Newcastle Fan

Guest exilim

We are holding the ball up in the corner already, love it  :lol:

And if Australia lose the penalty shootout, i am going to laugh.

I cant get the game over here, its only on pay tv :(. I'm not liking Grella being sent off he's a key player for us.

Let's snap Takahara and Nakamura up. Might as well Aloisi too!

Nakamura I'd sign, i havent seen Takahara, and Aloisi is no where near good enough for us.

My only memory of Takahara is watching him miss an open goal against Croatia in the world cup.

Takahara is prolly better than all the Korean strikers tbh.

Cho Jae Jin is the best/only target-man in Asia tbh,(bar Australia) but in terms of a 'striker' perhaps. But I doubt you've seen many korean strikers.

That's biased judgement because you are a Korean, and i am not a Japanese.

So if I say all chinese players are crap, then it's not biased because I'm not Chinese? You haven't even seen Cho Jae Jin play, and while it is true that there are many strikers who are more lethal than Cho Jae Jin, it is also true that most Asian strikers are shadow strikers, not target men.

I'm just appalled how if I judge a striker from my own country, then it's biased, yet you can judge and write off a whole nation without even watching their players and not be considered bias.

Yes you are right, all chinese players are crap. :lol:

What about lethal Man U striker Dong Fangzhou?

To be fair, it doesn't take a lot to be better than all the Korean strikers.

Striking quality in this country is at a shameful all time low.

Cho Jae-Jin is one of those Inzahgi-style poachers who doesn't influence the game at all until he scores. Problem being he couldn't finish to save his life either.

Totally incorrect. Cho Jae Jin is NOT a poacher, have you even watched him play? He's a target-man, he's Korea's version of  Viduka for Australia. He totally influences Korea's play, winning headers, holding the ball up, and Korea's formation would break down without him. The Korean media slates him but why do you think he has almost a guaranteed start in the Korean line-up? It's because he's the only target man the team has. He's the only player in the Korean squad who can mark the defence and win headers.

Calling Cho Jae Jin a poacher is seriously far-fetched. He doesn't score many goals and often flops many of his shots because he is under too much pressure by himself (you honestly think a target-man who plays for a crap team can score?). It's one of the reasons why Shearer had so much trouble finding the back of the net in his last two seasons, he changed his game into a target-man, but we weren't controlling play, and he no-longer had the ablility to be a 'complete' striker and score out of nothing.

In the 06 world cup, cho was horrible against Togo, but he put in two stunning performances against France and Switzerland, notably against Switzerland he was the only Korean player who I thought could hold his head in pride. He won almost every header against the physically bigger Swiss defence. The problem was that, when he won the headers, there was never anyone playing off him to collect the headers that he won. He is a class target man in a crap team, that's why he looks bad. A target man can't impress in a crap team like a shadow striker or a winger can.

EDIT: And NO Exilim, you were being full of shit so I decided to join in .  ;D

Guest diddimz

Killing time for a penalty shoot out is risky, but Schwarzer has done it before for us, though i feel slightly uneasy about that idea at the minute.

We are holding the ball up in the corner already, love it  :lol:

And if Australia lose the penalty shootout, i am going to laugh.

Good on you, if we lose i will say bad luck and if we win i will say well done.

Guest exilim

I cant get the game over here, its only on pay tv :(. I'm not liking Grella being sent off he's a key player for us.

Nakamura I'd sign, i havent seen Takahara, and Aloisi is no where near good enough for us.

My only memory of Takahara is watching him miss an open goal against Croatia in the world cup.

Cho Jae Jin is the best/only target-man in Asia tbh,(bar Australia) but in terms of a 'striker' perhaps. But I doubt you've seen many korean strikers.

So if I say all chinese players are crap, then it's not biased because I'm not Chinese? You haven't even seen Cho Jae Jin play, and while it is true that there are many strikers who are more lethal than Cho Jae Jin, it is also true that most Asian strikers are shadow strikers, not target men.

I'm just appalled how if I judge a striker from my own country, then it's biased, yet you can judge and write off a whole nation without even watching their players and not be considered bias.

Cho Jae-Jin is one of those Inzahgi-style poachers who doesn't influence the game at all until he scores. Problem being he couldn't finish to save his life either.

Totally incorrect. Cho Jae Jin is NOT a poacher, have you even watched him play? He's a target-man, he's Korea's version of  Viduka for Australia. He totally influences Korea's play, winning headers, holding the ball up, and Korea's formation would break down without him. The Korean media slates him but why do you think he has almost a guaranteed start in the Korean line-up? It's because he's the only target man the team has. He's the only player in the Korean squad who can mark the defence and win headers.

Calling Cho Jae Jin a poacher is seriously far-fetched. He doesn't score many goals and often flops many of his shots because he is under too much pressure by himself (you honestly think a target-man who plays for a crap team can score?). It's one of the reasons why Shearer had so much trouble finding the back of the net in his last two seasons, he changed his game into a target-man, but we weren't controlling play, and he no-longer had the ablility to be a 'complete' striker and score out of nothing.

In the 06 world cup, cho was horrible against Togo, but he put in two stunning performances against France and Switzerland, notably against Switzerland he was the only Korean player who I thought could hold his head in pride. He won almost every header against the physically bigger Swiss defence. The problem was that, when he won the headers, there was never anyone playing off him to collect the headers that he won. He is a class target man in a crap team, that's why he looks bad. A target man can't impress in a crap team like a shadow striker or a winger can.

EDIT: And NO Exilim, you were being full of s*** so I decided to join in .  ;D

Okay i am full of shit. Cho jae jin is the best target man in Asia.

EDIT: And NO Exilim, you were being full of s*** so I decided to join in .  ;D

Okay i am full of s***. Cho jae jin is the best target man in Asia.

Now you're making me look like I'm full of s*** haha.

EDIT: But anyways, in terms of goal-scoring I do agree that Takahara is superior to Korea's strikers, ( though hot prospect Park Chu Young is one to consider in 3-4 years).