Season ticket sales up for most clubs.

Optimistic Nut

From a survey carried out by Channel 4.

Arsenal

Press office said 30,000 season tickets sold for 2007/8, which is a capped figure - the same as last year. A total of 40,000 on a season ticket waiting list, which is also capped.

Aston Villa

Official response was that the club is 'happy' with sales so far. Ticket office said 22,000 sold, up on last year's 19,080.

Blackburn Rovers

Refused to reveal either last season's total or this season's so far: but said sales were up.

Birmingham City

No official response, but ticket office said 13,000. Up on last season.

Bolton Wanderers

Press office said it would not be realeasing figures yet, ticket office said 12-13,000 so far, about the same as last season. Chelsea

No official response, but ticket office said 28,000 - the same as last year. There is no waiting list, but a loyalty system for members.

Derby County

A total of 23,000 sold, which is capped. Up on the 19,000 sold last year. Two hundred on a waiting list.

Everton

A total of 22,500 sold, sales the same as last season.

Fulham

Press office said it would not release the figure but sales were up 18 per cent, ticket office said about 9,000 sold.

Liverpool

Ticket office said 28,000 season ticket holders (capped) - 60,000 on a waiting list.

Manchester City

A total of 24,00 sold so far - after takeover renewals coming in at about 150 a day.

Manchester United

No official reply, ticket office said about 56,000 sold so far. A total of 18,000 on a waiting list.

Middlesbrough

Expect to be slightly down on the 21,000 sold last season.

Newcastle United

No official reply. Ticket office said 44,000 sold last season and just as many this year. Thousands on a waiting list.

Portsmouth

No official reply, ticket office said 13,000 so far, did not know if it was up or down on last year.

Reading

A total of 16,000 sold for next season, 18,000 were sold for last - they expect to match that total.

Sunderland

Just under 30,000 sold, up on the 18,000 sold at the start of last season.

Tottenham Hotspur

A total of 23,500 sold for next season, the same as last season - the figure is capped. About 9,000 on a waiting list.

West Ham United

No official response - or contact with ticket office - but recent coverage showed 21,000 already sold - club expects to beat last year's total of 24,300.

Wigan Athletic

No official response, but ticket office said 9,175 - a bit down on the same time last year.

:lol:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1069444,00.html

Have YOU Signed Up For Big Sam's New-Look Newcastle?

THERE'S still time for YOU to get behind the new-look Newcastle United as we prepare for the 2007/08 season ...

It's been a busy summer at St. James' Park with a new owner taking control, Sam Allardyce being appointed manager and the top-class international quartet of Mark Viduka, Joey Barton, David Rozehnal and Geremi joining the Magpies.

It promises to be an exciting campaign ahead and YOU can show your backing for the team by signing up for a season ticket today.

Season tickets are available today from the NUFC Box Office (tel 0191 261 1571) and if you buy yours NOW you can take advantage of the cheaper prices on offer up to August 1. A full list of season ticket prices for 2007/08 appears at the bottom of the page.

Big Sam is certainly looking forward to having the backing of full houses at Gallowgate as he settles into life on Tyneside.

He said: "Our success next season will be built around how well we do at St.James' Park.

"I know during my early days at Bolton it was an extremely hard place to come and I was always delighted if I could leave with a point.

"We have the players to beat any team at St.James' and, with the right team spirit and a few additions, I'm sure that will happen next year.

"Getting results at home is so important because it sends your supporters home happy, and it's up to me to make sure that happens.

"I know what it's like to come here as an opposing manager and have 50,000 Newcastle fans getting right behind their team.

"Now it's great to know I'll have that support on my side at St. James' Park.

"I want this to be a place where teams know we are going to be very difficult to beat.

"With the help of the fans I want us to build something special here. Their backing is so important for us."

The waiting list is a load of bollocks. I was on it, phoned them up and was told 'oh we'll be sending letters out eventually but you can just have one now if you want'. Amateurs. :lol:

Aston Villa

Official response was that the club is 'happy' with sales so far. Ticket office said 22,000 sold, up on last year's 19,080.

We've sold 22,000 compared to 11,000 at the same time last year, apparently. That 19k figure is the figure we squeaked up to with half season ticket offers etc.

Going through the prime ST buying months last summer with Ellis, O'Dreary and no money was absolutely crippling to us.

That looks mostly bollocks to me............ like Liverpool have 60,000 on a waiting list FFS!?!?!?!?

Where were they when Liverpool got 34k at home to Pompey in the League a few years back (2004 I think)??