2007-08 pre-season in relation to last season's pre-season

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

We look fitter and quicker. We are also far more organised and clued up and every one of the lads who have pulled on the shirt seems up for it, even Luque. It speaks volumes that a player who wants away (Dyer) grafted his balls off when he came on as a sub. Compared to last season where we looked very disjointed and off the pace a fair bit, despite an Inter Toto competition, we look much better and already we look like a team, not the best of course, but there is organisation there, shape, discipline and a high work rate, and even an understanding in some areas of the pitch. Bodes well for the future and I'm definitely seeing some encouraging signs. Our football is more structured and has more purpose about it as well, and our set play has improved. You can tell it's a new United if you like and on another level to the Roeder pre-season.

Guest BooBoo

I agree there's a lot of positives to take. There still lingers though the injury problems which have become an ever present over the last 3 or 4 years and the squad is still paper thin.

IF we can get in the required 2 or 3 defenders and a Dyer replacement before the end of August then we should be set up for a pretty decent season.

Cheers HTT, it's good news imo. Shows Allardyce is pushing them and anyone slacking will be noted after the game.

Impressed with the workrate i've seen so far, as you pointed out.

I think we can have a good season, with or without new defenders, if we can get two good defenders and keep everybody fit then qualifying for Europe is possible.  Having a good manager must be worth a few points which we dropped because of Roeder, our midfield looks better and with Owen fit we're going to get more goals.

Sort out the defence and we will have a team which is well balanced, well trained and capable of beating most teams.

Fitness has certainly improved but for me the biggest difference was the concentration levels.

Even in the second half where the game started to pitter out with all the changes the lads were still focused right till the end.

This is good stuff.

Guest Knightrider

Cheers HTT, it's good news imo. Shows Allardyce is pushing them and anyone slacking will be noted after the game.

Impressed with the workrate i've seen so far, as you pointed out.

Aye, can't believe we never wore them last season or the season before tbh, from a health aspect, you'd think they would be mandatory.

Fitness has certainly improved but for me the biggest difference was the concentration levels.

Even in the second half where the game started to pitter out with all the changes the lads were still focused right till the end.

This is good stuff.

Is there anyway you can crop Mike Reid's tits out of that sig? It's fucking off-putting, man.

This is good stuff.

Is there anywhere you can crop Mike Reid's tits out of that sig? It's fucking off-putting, man.

Respect the tits tbh.

Guest Knightrider

This is good stuff.

Is there anywhere you can crop Mike Reid's tits out of that sig? It's fucking off-putting, man.

Respect the tits tbh.

The tits are acceptible, it's that cheesy grin and what he's doing with his hands that puts me off....

This is good stuff.

Respect the tits tbh.

You could use this improved version:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/15/miketiteyesue1.jpg

Guest Micktoon

Back on thread an off mike rieds chestickles. The biggest thing that stands out in the performances so far is the defence looks organised and we seem to have found the ability to pass to someone in a shirt that resembles your own, something we have been bloody incapable of for the last two seasons.