Cacapa had options

Guest ChickenKiev

Guest ChickenKiev

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2648684,00.html

Claudio Cacapa has revealed Newcastle beat off competition from a number of European clubs for his services.

The former Lyon captain has signed an initial two-year deal at St James' Park after leaving the French champions at the end of last season.

Cacapa admitted he had interest from France, Turkey, Greece and Italy, although he always favoured a move to the Premier League.

The Brazilian defender plans on spending the next few seasons with Newcastle and is looking forward to his time in England with The Magpies.

"I needed a new challenge, I have found it in England," Cacapa told L'Equipe.

"I could have stayed in France, where Toulouse and Bordeaux had contacted me. I also had talks with Besiktas, Olympiakos and Italian clubs.

"But I am delighted to have joined Newcastle, as I want to speak English. As I see myself playing three or four years there, that will give me time to learn."

Great place to learn english  :thup:

Guest Ridzuan

So if there was any other english club interested in him,surely he has a lot of problems in deciding which is the best club for his english lessons.

Anyone see Sanjeev Bhaskar the other night? Went to wedding in the Punjab whih turned out to be full of Britasians from Wolverhampton and the like, then this fella comes out with a turban and flowing white beard and goes, 'Alreet, lads?' :lol: Proper east-end accent.