Nobby to Portsmouth? - "No offers yet" says Allardyce

magorific

I will be sad if Nobby leaves, still one of the best technically gifted player we have, and has brought so many good memories for us. I'm also sure has a positive influence in the dressing room and is a leader in his own quiet way.

But if he wants to leave for family reasons (and I believe him unlike Dyer), then I hope he gets the fans' blessings and will be warmly applauded when he returns. Nobby was second to only Shearer as the most loyal servant NUFC had for the last 10 years. Even when he was sold off to Villa, you could sense that his heart was with us. 

He is thrid behind Shearer and Given tbf.

Sorry Given is a great player but I would not put him ahead of Solano. Despite our fans raving bout him every week, he never really got a better offer from a bigger club whereas Nobby could have easily stuck his middle finger at us after the way Robson sold him to Villa (for what to develop Ambrose!).

Plus Given whines and complains whenever he is not in the first team even in cup games against second rate opponents, whereas I can't remember Nobby saying anything negative regardless of what position he is asked to play in and even when he is on the bench.   

Well i dont want to argue about it as they are both 'great' in my eyes. However, i think you are under-valuing the contribution of Given to the club and are basically making things up about him whining when he isnt in the first team. He is only ever out of the first team due to injury anyway.

Also, trying to nail a point comparing a goalkeeper to an outfield player by saying the outfield player will 'play anywhere' is absurd and needs one of these  :razz:

How many transfer requests has Given handed in?

2? How many points has he got us?

I will be sad if Nobby leaves, still one of the best technically gifted player we have, and has brought so many good memories for us. I'm also sure has a positive influence in the dressing room and is a leader in his own quiet way.

But if he wants to leave for family reasons (and I believe him unlike Dyer), then I hope he gets the fans' blessings and will be warmly applauded when he returns. Nobby was second to only Shearer as the most loyal servant NUFC had for the last 10 years. Even when he was sold off to Villa, you could sense that his heart was with us. 

Sorry Given is a great player but I would not put him ahead of Solano. Despite our fans raving bout him every week, he never really got a better offer from a bigger club whereas Nobby could have easily stuck his middle finger at us after the way Robson sold him to Villa (for what to develop Ambrose!).

Plus Given whines and complains whenever he is not in the first team even in cup games against second rate opponents, whereas I can't remember Nobby saying anything negative regardless of what position he is asked to play in and even when he is on the bench.   

Well i dont want to argue about it as they are both 'great' in my eyes. However, i think you are under-valuing the contribution of Given to the club and are basically making things up about him whining when he isnt in the first team. He is only ever out of the first team due to injury anyway.

Also, trying to nail a point comparing a goalkeeper to an outfield player by saying the outfield player will 'play anywhere' is absurd and needs one of these  :razz:

I don't know, do you?

Just pointing out that he does whine when he's left out of the team, a few games on the bench and he wants to leave.

Given's never actually left the club, though, has he?

Or actively put his country as a higher priority?

Not even a close call in my eyes, Given every time, who's only been unsettled under dodgy managers who had Harper down as the better 'keeper. I'm sure someone could dig some stuff up on Nobby from the media when Bowyer/Ambrose were brought in.

I don't remember him being whiter than white when his automatic first-team position came under threat.

Not even a close call in my eyes, Given every time, who's only been unsettled under dodgy managers who had Harper down as the better 'keeper. I'm sure someone could dig some stuff up on Nobby from the media when Bowyer/Ambrose were brought in.

I don't remember him being whiter than white when his automatic first-team position came under threat.

That's because Nobby's from South America!

Shay is 100% Toon, he loves the club and is by far one of the best most loyal playerss we have ever had, Nobby loves the club also and I am in no  doubt its breaking his heart to have to leave, he may love us but every single player at the club would leave to be with their kids you cannot blame him for that.

Yes his wife leaving is his own fault, he should have kept it in his trousres, I would like to know though why she has moved to London, is it just to fk Nobby off in a wifes revenge type move. :D

Too predictable man. I'd expect better from you. :laugh:

You get some pretty white people from South America, don't you?

Given has actively gone about engineering a move away from the club in the form of handing in a transfer request, people talk about Bellamy's "Craig Bellamy has to do whats best for Craig Bellamy" interview as if it was a lack of commitment but Given handing in a transfer request was no better, as for the country over club comment being Irish means national games are accommodated around league games over here so he's never been put in that position.

No point in buying players from outside of Europe if you're going to moan when they want to play for their country.

I don't know, do you?

Just pointing out that he does whine when he's left out of the team, a few games on the bench and he wants to leave.

He has always been the best keeper at the club, no one else has come close. If he is the best and wasnt whingeing then i'd be more worried. Solano may have been the more model professional in this regard but for me, he hasnt contributed as much to the club as Given has.

Btw, the anwer is 187.

It's funny I remember at the time that Zico Hughes was sold to villa someone on one of the forums was talking about how gutted Aaron was because of his love for the club and Newcastle as a city (it was a friend of his g/f)  and yet two clubs later he now finds himself living a world apart from Tyneside.

So do you think Zico is any less toon than anyone mentioned so far?

Too predictable man. I'd expect better from you. :laugh:

You get some pretty white people from South America, don't you?

Only german war crimes dodgers and Ronnie Biggs' bastid children.

I don't know, do you?

He has always been the best keeper at the club, no one else has come close. If he is the best and wasnt whingeing then i'd be more worried. Solano may have been the more model professional in this regard but for me, he hasnt contributed as much to the club as Given has.

Btw, the anwer is 187.

So what if he's been the best, does that mean he should automatically walk straight back into the team even if Harper was performing to a high standard when he came in? What sort of signal does that send out to other players in the squad? Given didn't like it that Harper was being rewarded for a string of good performances so he decided to kick up a fuss.

187? Not bad, shame he couldn't organise his defence or it could have been higher than that...

Given has actively gone about engineering a move away from the club in the form of handing in a transfer request, people talk about Bellamy's "Craig Bellamy has to do whats best for Craig Bellamy" interview as if it was a lack of commitment but Given handing in a transfer request was no better, as for the country over club comment being Irish means national games are accommodated around league games over here so he's never been put in that position.

No point in buying players from outside of Europe if you're going to moan when they want to play for their country.

You've got your Kontrary Kecks on again, I see :lol:

Both have made mistakes in the past, as everyone does, but to question Given's overall commitment to this football club is barmy, particularly in the way that alpal did earlier. We all know Given is the best goalkeeper at the club, Given himself knows he's the best goalkeeper at the club and he's proven it time and time again, he has never actually left the club, like Solano did - and looks to be doing a second time around. It could be argued that both times the circumstances have been out of control, but he's obviously done himself no favours on both occasions. People seem to find it easy to remember Given's discrepancies, while completely forgetting Nobby had a big part to play in his downfall under Robson and has seemingly got himself into bother this time round in an off-field capacity.

The point about the international games have nothing to do with being non-EU, nothing at all, it's the fact that it was the catalyst for him having to be sold to Villa, because he went back on his word to Robson.

I don't know whether you're just trying to "develop the debate" or whatever you'd call it to fill your time - just seeing the last line of your reply to Chez confirms it there actually - so that's good enough for me. Can't be arsed with this, because no matter what's posted you'll do a Vic on it :lol:

I've been hooked in one too many times already, I'll let you get on with it.

Just a quick point - if Nobby was that arsed about his family he should have thought twice about scuttling every slapper he pulled in the Toon ;)

I don't know, do you?

Btw, the anwer is 187.

So what if he's been the best, does that mean he should automatically walk straight back into the team even if Harper was performing to a high standard when he came in? What sort of signal does that send out to other players in the squad? Given didn't like it that Harper was being rewarded for a string of good performances so he decided to kick up a fuss.

187? Not bad, shame he couldn't organise his defence or it could have been higher than that...

Why are you bumming Harper? :lol: Shearer kicked up a fuss if he was dropped.

I take your point but you cant completely denigrate the service he has given to the club just on that one incident.

You've got your Kontrary Kecks on again, I see :lol:

Both have made mistakes in the past, as everyone does, but to question Given's overall commitment to this football club is barmy, particularly in the way that alpal did earlier. We all know Given is the best goalkeeper at the club, Given himself knows he's the best goalkeeper at the club and he's proven it time and time again, he has never actually left the club, like Solano did - and looks to be doing a second time around. It could be argued that both times the circumstances have been out of control, but he's obviously done himself no favours on both occasions. People seem to find it easy to remember Given's discrepancies, while completely forgetting Nobby had a big part to play in his downfall under Robson and has seemingly got himself into bother this time round in an off-field capacity.

The point about the international games have nothing to do with being non-EU, nothing at all, it's the fact that it was the catalyst for him having to be sold to Villa, because he went back on his word to Robson.

I don't know whether you're just trying to "develop the debate" or whatever you'd call it to fill your time - just seeing the last line of your reply to Chez confirms it there actually - so that's good enough for me. Can't be arsed with this, because no matter what's posted you'll do a Vic on it :lol:

I've been hooked in one too many times already, I'll let you get on with it.

I'm not being contrary at all, I was just pointing out that Given does whine when he's not been in the first team which Chez has said wasn't true, personally I think both have been good servants to the club and I wouldn't hold any 'bad choices' against either of them.

I don't know, do you?

Btw, the anwer is 187.

Why are you bumming Harper? :lol: Shearer kicked up a fuss if he was dropped.

I take your point but you cant completely denigrate the service he has given to the club just on that one incident.

I'm not bumming Harper and if you're going to be immature about it I won't bother debating the point with you...

You spastic.