Red nose goes after Liverpool.

Parky

He simply will not let the Heinze affair go.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2155803,00.html

When asked whether he suspected there had been some 'tapping up', Ferguson fumed: "We will see."

Chief among United's concerns is how solicitor Richard Green, who advises Liverpool on much of their legal work, came to be act for Heinze in his attempt to prove that a letter - signed by Gill and stating a fee that would be acceptable for the player - was an agreement to sell.

A three-man Premier League tribunal rejected the claim on Tuesday but, with Liverpool supposedly having no direct involvement in the case, United want to know how Heinze secured Green's services.

Ferguson's unhappiness with Liverpool has only increased following Rafael Benítez's outburst in which he effectively claimed United enjoyed preferential treatment, not just over Heinze but also in the drafting of fixtures and the 'smooth' move of Carlos Tevez from West Ham compared to the deal which saw Javier Mascherano join Liverpool in January."

Nice bit of points deduction would be cool. :lol:

Speaking of this whole situation...

Benitez's comments yesterday asking questions about this and that he said something like:

"How come was it  so easy for ManUtd to sign Tevez, while it was so difficult for Liverpool to sign Mascherano?"

... That struck me as being a bit odd; Has Benitez been living under a rock for the last two months? Surely it's the other way around, no?

Talk about tinted specs!

Guest Scouseman

The Mascherano deal was agreed between West Ham and Liverpool on the 5th January.  It then took the Premier League until February 20th to release his registration allowing him to play for us.

West Ham didn't want to sell Tevez to Manure, which was the only reason it took so much time, but when they finally did agree a deal with Manure it took the PL/FA only 3 days to wave his papers and allow him to play for them.  That's why Rafa was annoyed.  Ironic that the tap master himself is accusing others of tapping up.

One would argue that the precedent had been set though with the Masche deal. But it is very much schoolyard tactics we've been used to from the top 4 managers. Just being awkward for the sake of it.

The Mascherano deal was agreed between West Ham and Liverpool on the 5th January.  It then took the Premier League until February 20th to release his registration allowing him to play for us.

West Ham didn't want to sell Tevez to Manure, which was the only reason it took so much time, but when they finally did agree a deal with Manure it took the PL/FA only 3 days to wave his papers and allow him to play for them.  That's why Rafa was annoyed.  Ironic that the tap master himself is accusing others of tapping up.

wasnt the reason the Mascherano deal took so long, because it blatenly broke rules that a player cant play for 3 clubs in 1 year. I thought the time delay was because they needed to come up with an excuse so liverpool could break the rules?

wasnt the reason the Mascherano deal took so long, because it blatenly broke rules that a player cant play for 3 clubs in 1 year. I thought the time delay was because they needed to come up with an excuse so liverpool could break the rules?

No, no. It was obviously the Global Anti-Scouser Conspiracy.

Guest Scouseman

It was obviously the same as the anti-Geordie conspiracy that tried to stop a person becoming a manager because he didn't have his coaching badges.

Guest justin99.

Why can't Benitez accept that as united are fierce rivals and title contenders, they do not want to strengthen their team.

Plus Heinze isn't Spanish.

Guest eyeball_tickler

It was obviously the same as the anti-Geordie conspiracy that tried to stop a person becoming a manager because he didn't have his coaching badges.

pro-geordie in retrospect.

It does look suspiciously like Heinze was tapped up the way he was pushing so hard for a move despite no deal between the two clubs and his manager even insisting he will not do a deal with Liverpool.

Benitez's comments on the fixture list are the same ones we heard from Mourinho a couple of season's back. His comments on Tevez and Mascherano are silly, Liverpool set a precedent with the Mascherano signing by bending (breaking, basically) the rules. Another club comes along and takes advantage of exactly the same thing and Benitez is complaining, it's mental.

Guest Rushian

It does look suspiciously like Heinze was tapped up the way he was pushing so hard for a move despite no deal between the two clubs and his manager even insisting he will not do a deal with Liverpool.

The player's agent was given a letter by David Gill which stated the player could leave if an offer of £6.8m was received. This letter was forwarded by the agent to all the top clubs in Europe. It's hard to see how that is a case of tapping up.

Strikes me as a bit odd to take a matter with your own club to an arbitration panel after they explicitly said they wouldn't do a deal, just to procure a move to a rival club who finished more than 20 points below in the league. Man Utd have just won the league, big clubs in Spain (his native tongue) were interested and Heinze isn't a boyhood Liverpool fan to my knowledge. Why was his heart so set on Liverpool from the start? Seems a bit strange to me. Benitez usually speaks sense but he's clearly stressing and diverting the issue as much as he can, we'll see what comes of it all I suppose.

Strikes me as a bit odd to take a matter with your own club to an arbitration panel after they explicitly said they wouldn't do a deal, just to procure a move to a rival club who finished more than 20 points below in the league. Man Utd have just won the league, big clubs in Spain (his native tongue) were interested and Heinze isn't a boyhood Liverpool fan to my knowledge. Why was his heart so set on Liverpool from the start? Seems a bit strange to me. Benitez usually speaks sense but he's clearly stressing and diverting the issue as much as he can, we'll see what comes of it all I suppose.

In all reality he's not even that good.

but the rules say that if the majority (or all,not sure what it is now) agree to allow this to be bent then they can.

no such proviso in the FIFA 3-clubs in a year rule.

Guest justin99.

Isn't he best mates with Alonso?