Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle - 26/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 18

Dave

I'm wondering if someone should perhaps write an article for N-O. Preferably someone who was actually at the game and knows how many people were actually chanting racist stuff, when it occured and for how long.

The Media, Boro fans and Southgate are making out like it was all 3,000 NUFC fans present. .com are being a bit too apologetic, and now this Boro idiot Vickers is trying to compare the 'paedo' taunts with the bloody holocaust! And if he's trying to make out that the racist taunts were clear on Setanta, I can say that they definitely were not - which only leads me to assume that it was a small minority. Although the 'Mido is a paedo' chants were clearly audible. It seems like this Vickers cat is trying to lump in the stick they've been getting for years with racist stuff - how very convenient of him.

I think we need something that doesn't make excuses for the racist taunts that did happen (I'm afraid the 'he looks like Richard Reid' argument won't wash with people), but that slams those who are only to eager to suggest that it was a mass thing - time to fight back a bit.

I'd write something myself, but I wasn't at the game, and it'd sound better and be better informed coming from someone who was there, I mean those of you who were, you can't be happy that Southgate is saying 3,000 NUFC fans (ie all the NUFC fans there) were guilty of racist chanting. If I'd been there, I'd be furious that he was branding me as a racist.

I'd say the roeder chants were much worse.

Although i do understand that the Mido chants were a piss-take, i can't see how the  Roeder chants are worst, those  were pointed towards one person  (who is a cunt), the Mido chants were aimed towards a  race of people rather than one person.

Although i do understand that the Mido chants were a piss-take, i can't see how the  Roeder chants are worst, those  were pointed towards one person  (who is a cunt), the Mido chants were aimed towards a  race of people rather than one person.

Saying you wish one person is dead > Saying someone is a Bomber

What's with all the 'it's not as bad as X' stuff? Can't we judge the chants on their own?

Aye we can. I think the point is, basically, that since they didn't get punished for those chants, to be consistent, we shouldn't be punished for this.

Although i do understand that the Mido chants were a piss-take, i can't see how the  Roeder chants are worst, those  were pointed towards one person  (who is a c***), the Mido chants were aimed towards a  race of people rather than one person.

Saying you wish one person is dead > Saying someone is a Bomber

Thought you ment the "Tumor boy" chants, forgot about the "You should be dead" chants.

Although i do understand that the Mido chants were a piss-take, i can't see how the  Roeder chants are worst, those  were pointed towards one person  (who is a c***), the Mido chants were aimed towards a  race of people rather than one person.

Exactly, they were at one person.  They target one lone man about a devastating period in his life.  Mido was being stereotyped.

I would almost gurantee roeder was far more bothered by those chants.

Guest Matt10

:lol: :lol:

He was on earlier! That's a link to the listen again mate. He means fast forward to 01:20:42 in the audio player.  O0

You should read 'Londonistan' by Melanie Phillips.....

Only if you have a taste for pernicious, scare-mongering bullshit.

Yet more Left wing garbage I see - or did you fail to witness the 'Death to British Police'posters  held by Muslim women on full jilbabs when the Police in London were protecting them from OTHER demonstrators??

Or was that pernicious, scaremongering photography...?

You only see what you want to see  don't you ?

Jus gave it a listen and for once we had a young(ish) Newcastle fan on the radio with a sensible attitude towards things.  GG on not embarrassing us!  And yes, the Roeder chants were 10x worse than what we sung on Saturday, and what was done about them?