Time to drop Steven Taylor?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If, as you say, Cacapa and another, I'd sooner put Rozehnal, a fellow French speaker, so at least a partnership can develop easier.

good point, then there's beye, and zoggy playing left-back for now. i'm sure given knows a few french words too.

I honestly don't believe Rozehnal has been significantly better than Taylor, I think a lot of people have held certain views about Taylor for a long time while Rozehnal has come in with a clean slate on the back of a positive window and gets the benefit of any doubt. A decent start by a new signing always results in this sort of thing. Roz has made an OK start in my eyes but I think it's fair to say that three games in we just don't know how he will cope against better teams, when we go a goal down (hasn't happened yet) or whatever else. First impressions: I like his calm head, his height, his pace and the fact he stays on his feet, but he also appears weak for a CB and lost out to Agbonlahor IIRC, and doesn't seem to be a commanding presence by any means, instead leaving a lot of the physical work to Taylor (whether this was because Sam told him to do so because of his lack of Prem experience we don't know). Despite his height, I can see why a lot of managers would feel that their burly strikers could get some change out of Rozehnal, he would probably need a more aggressive defender alongside him to get by in this league.

I think Cacapa will be one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit because of his pedigree, he seems a more commanding presence which is hardly surprising given he captained Lyon for 5 years. I'd like to see him and Taylor given a run as I think they could form a solid partnership, but I can see why some people feel Taylor should be brought back down to earth and rested for a bit. At this moment in time I'm not bothered either way, I'm keen to see how our new boys get on and see what they're made of.

I don't think Taylor needs bringing down to earth at all, he just needs to do his job properly which he didn't do against boro. If Rosenhal, Capaca or Faye get beaten so easily by the striker they are marking they will come under the same scrutiny. If that had been Rosenhal getting shoved aside by Mido we'd have no doubt been questioning whether he was strong enough to play in the Premier!

I honestly don't believe Rozehnal has been significantly better than Taylor, I think a lot of people have held certain views about Taylor for a long time while Rozehnal has come in with a clean slate on the back of a positive window and gets the benefit of any doubt. A decent start by a new signing always results in this sort of thing. Roz has made an OK start in my eyes but I think it's fair to say that three games in we just don't know how he will cope against better teams, when we go a goal down (hasn't happened yet) or whatever else. First impressions: I like his calm head, his height, his pace and the fact he stays on his feet, but he also appears weak for a CB and lost out to Agbonlahor IIRC, and doesn't seem to be a commanding presence by any means, instead leaving a lot of the physical work to Taylor (whether this was because Sam told him to do so because of his lack of Prem experience we don't know). Despite his height, I can see why a lot of managers would feel that their burly strikers could get some change out of Rozehnal, he would probably need a more aggressive defender alongside him to get by in this league.

I think Cacapa will be one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit because of his pedigree, he seems a more commanding presence which is hardly surprising given he captained Lyon for 5 years. I'd like to see him and Taylor given a run as I think they could form a solid partnership, but I can see why some people feel Taylor should be brought back down to earth and rested for a bit. At this moment in time I'm not bothered either way, I'm keen to see how our new boys get on and see what they're made of.

I don't think Taylor needs bringing down to earth at all, he just needs to do his job properly which he didn't do against boro. If Rosenhal, Capaca or Faye get beaten so easily by the striker they are marking they will come under the same scrutiny. If that had been Rosenhal getting shoved aside by Mido we'd have no doubt been questioning whether he was strong enough to play in the Premier!

And Oliver would be been the first writer to officially bring it out into the public domain. In the case of Taylor, or a Ramage for example, it would follow his tried and tested 'he's a local lad who always gives it his best" line or there would simply be no specific & detailed reference to the goal.

If he/Taylor does eventually go, because i do feel that he will become something of a forgotten man as the season rolls on, i don't think he'll go to Liverpool or a club of similar standing.............. clubs like Fulham & Pompey will be the likely destinations imo.