Joe Cole in bust-up with Mourinho (Creative Playmaker?)

Guest exilim

would be another duff or owen. Come here on inflated wages and no desire with the belief that we should build the team around him. Get him for under 55K a week and aye, but i don't want him on dyer or owen wages.

He wouldn't be anything like Duff or Owen imo.

now this would be class, joe cole is exactly what our midfield needs....  chances are better of me banging my cleaning lady who's at the house right now than big sam even trying to get cole in.  it's a sad day in some aspects...

Is he a forward or midfielder? He's one of those in between players isn't he?

Definitely a midfielder.

Cole's a talented player, but for me he's a support striker in the Beardsley role. Too lightweight for a midfield role, especially Big Sam's idea of a midfield. Probably why he doesn't figure regularly at Chelsea either, Mourinho's a 4-3-3 man like Allardyce.

I'm a huge fan of Cole, think he's the third best English player around (after Gerrard and Terry). He's got it all, he works (reasonably) hard, got terrific skills on the ball and a decent shot.

Can't see him coming though, but he'd probably do well in a 4-3-3 in the same role as Milner has played (not saying we need to replace Milner, as [this is painful for ME to say] he's been very impressive this season).

Guest jimmy1982

Is he a forward or midfielder? He's one of those in between players isn't he?

Definitely a midfielder.

Cole's a talented player, but for me he's a support striker in the Beardsley role. Too lightweight for a midfield role, especially Big Sam's idea of a midfield. Probably why he doesn't figure regularly at Chelsea either, Mourinho's a 4-3-3 man like Allardyce.

Peter Beardsley filled 2 or 3 roles every time he played, he was a one off. Cole is a good player and canny skillful on the ball, but not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Pedro.

Useful player indeed.

All though the biggest Fanny this country has ever produced to walk onto a football pitch.

A perfect example of the hypocritical media, when they complain about foreigners who dive, yet ignore the fact that the worst diver in the country is an Englishman.

When we get duff back he will be good enough and we also have zog i dont think we need cole, cole is an amazing player who runs throught players an excelent crosses but i think what we have will be ok for the left wing.